Lupo Gti 1.8t project

Mr.Badbrains

• 2 weeks later...

:blush:

Some people have been asking about the bastuck exhaust. Cant really compare bacause I have never heard OEM exhaust live. But at least its "throaty". :D

But here is a little video clip I made if someone is interested.

Youtube Video ->

">Original Video

I think it sounds nice even though lack of cylinders.

Edited by Mr.Badbrains

Maybe its time to let this thing go. R32 is taking so much time and money so I need some cheaper and more practical beater for now.

So Gti is for sale, at least till I get over my temporary insanity.

:neutral::(

• 5 weeks later...

Well seems like nobody wants to buy my Lupo. Lucky me. :neutral:

Anyhoo took her out for a chill VW weekend we have here. Here is a great pic one mate managed to get of me and lupo just chilling:

14574293939_0f7cf974e3_c.jpg

Lupo GTI, spending some quality time with the owner. :) by mmyyrylainen, on Flickr

Feel free to check my photos from there as well: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjZH7qJ2

Edited by Mr.Badbrains

How can no one want this?!? One of my faves, probably done you a favour tbh!

Thanks for the kind words.

This looks incredible. Really classy mods. Whereabouts in Finland are you from?

Thank you! I'm from Eastern Finland, small town called Joensuu.

How much was it up for?

Well prices here and what you have there aren't comparable. But now I can find 2 Gti's for sale. One is for 6,5k and the other is for 8k...

• 4 weeks later...

Something new here. Found a drivers side stubby mirror from ebay. It was black so I wrapped passengers one in matt black. Also wrapped my roof and put some Lamin-x on headlights.
Roof can stay like that but headlight tints will go after a while. I just don't get used to them.

Then there was a mini detailing session while I'm waiting for my new wheels to arrive from Germany.
Finished with Bouncer's Fortify on paint, Nanolex Urban on all glass surfaces, exhaust tips with Autosol (inside and outside), AG tyre Dressing on rubber and Aerospace 303 protectant on plastic bits.

15078971061_fdcf70ec9b_c.jpg

Bouncer's by L Myyry, on Flickr

14895924788_bcf15cacf4_c.jpg

Lupo Gti by L Myyry, on Flickr

14895279559_87de6d2cb8_c.jpg

Back With BBS by L Myyry, on Flickr

The way your car looks, the amount of work/time/money you put in it, would be a shame to let go.

You got me at the part with "waiting wheels from Germany" what are they? :)

That's what I'm thinking too. But some things I just have to let go. Just waiting for the right offer.

Wheels are just some narrow one piece alloys, 7x15 I think. There's one Gti here in Club Lupo running those wheels already, but I think those are pretty rare.

I'm sick and tired of rubbing my tires and more inset means more lows. :cheeky: I'll be scraping my skid plate in any time now.

• 2 weeks later...

You tease!

Everybody else is doing it, so I might as well. :tongueout:

I keep looking back on this thread, it's a stunning car :)

Was it these shape LED's?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-PLCC-2-3528-SMD-LEDS-SURFACE-MOUNT-BLUE-PINK-RED-WHITE-GREEN-SMT-/310314933505

:cheers:

Yes, PLCC-2. Can't remember exact specs but that's the type and this is the other type I used: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KINGBRIGHT-KA-4040SURSK-LED-SMD-SIDE-VIEW-RED-/351133541523?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item51c130a493

• Like 1