should i put a body kit in my lupo (red) if so which one? its a bog standard vw lupo 1.4 100 bhp and my first car, also looking for some alloys.

Harry12

It's really your car, so your decision, but personally I think "don't do it".

Wheels are also personal choice, but one can get some OE alloys from a MK1\2 which really suit the Lupo for not much money.

BBS RA443 are quite nice and BBS RXII from a Polo GTI also.

i think you could get away with that new audi R8 replica bodykit that VW have just started making... that with some neons would look quality on a red car! the neons would need to be green...

Wheels are a difficult one but if you can get some 20" wheels to fit id go for them.

dont declare anything on your insurance as thats going to cost loads and when you fork out for the lambo doors it might get a bit tight on your wallet unless you're loaded or have nice parents...

Hope this helps

• Like 3

Has anyone ever fitted a body kit to an ordinary road car and enjoyed the benefits they 'supposedly' provide.

Edited by Skezza

Yep - best anti theft device ever - I've a full JE Design one on my Arosa and get stopped by the police every time I go out in it!

Cheers everyone didn't really think a body kit was a good idea just wanted to know the general mood involving them but still unsure on rims currently on standard alloys (14") but was going to go for a 15 inch with a smaller tyre wall opinions on thi topic would be much appreciated

Edited by Harry12

It's really your car, so your decision, but personally I think "don't do it".

Wheels are also personal choice, but one can get some OE alloys from a MK1\2 which really suit the Lupo for not much money.

BBS RA443 are quite nice and BBS RXII from a Polo GTI also.

these rims look quite nice. Cheers for the reply not to expensive either Edited by Harry12

Gone from a bodykit to something sensible like wheels... good choice.

Stick with some genuine VW wheels, dont get anything that sounds good because they will most likely look crap and tacky.

Like Ray suggested, the polo wheels always look good. Patrickroddy has them on his car if you want to see what they look like. im sure you can probably pick a set up for decent money.

For your first car you should worry about getting experience and not crashing rather than modding it. you will get much more self satisfaction if you keep it super clean. Get some good wax and clean it as much as you can. older people will also respect you for this and not look at you like a typical young lad in a car. Less is more so take the lupo badges off and just have the VW logo on the front and rear. Dont get fancy numberplates, keep it clean and simple and it will look awesome!

If you want subtly mods that you will enjoy then get a decent speaker set up. NOT a sub! just upgrade the door speakers and get a nice head unit, leave as much of the car standard where you can.

Thats my thoughts...

• Like 1

Piers suggestions are absolutely spot on and basically mirror my own.

If you're desperate to do some mods and your OEM alloys are in nice nick, why not consider putting on a set of lowering springs (NOT COILOVERS), and then switching to a smaller set of tyres. This can look pretty good when done right, although it'll slow your car down just a teeny bit.

Don't sub. Only fit decent aftermarket speakers, none of this Edge **** from Halfords. The OEM speakers are Blaupunkt and are pretty good quality so most cheap replacements will be no better, if not worse. Keep it clean, maybe do some bodywork tidying if you can. Don't fit an induction kit, absolutely no point whatsoever and you'll just add extra wear to your engine.

Just enjoy the ride :):shades:

Edited by Skezza