More acceleration; more vibration

Hi all,

The other day I changed both my wishbones with new rubber bushes all round and new ball joints too and it knocked the wheel alignment out by a mile, so I changed the track rod ends after cutting the old ones off and adjusted the tracking so the car was driveable and I've just had the alignment done

BUT

Now the car is vibrating like mad, the faster I go the more it vibrates and when I dip the clutch it almost completely disappears. Obviously im thinking drivetrain rather than suspension problems.

• I recently changed the cambelt so today I double checked the engine mount incase I hadn't tightened it up enough but it's fine.
  • I haven't had the hubs apart.
  • It's pulling well but when I get up to about 60mph it doesn't feel like it wants to keep accelerating like it used to.
  • Clutch feels ok.
  • Steering feels great and doesn't pull to the side.

Thanks in advance

Ben

P.s. It's a 5speed 2001 GTi

I warn you now! I had to do several bottom arms again after fitting (at customer's request) cheap bottom arms. these came from eur*****arts (no law suits here thank you) they turned out to be rebranded Chinese shite. please save yourself grief etc, save up and buy the good bottom arms for your car. I always thought that gti ones were model specific too but I haven't got one so don't quote me there, I think it's got something to do with the orientation of the track rod ends geoff

You will need

N/S - 6E0 407 366 £30.04 inc vat from VW

O/S - 6E0 407 365 £30.04 inc vat from VW

I'd also recommend all the bolts:

N101 277 07 - x6 (3 per side) - £1.06 each inc vat

And the plates they bolt into:

6N0 407 175 A - x2 - £6.78 each inc vat

And the Lock nuts onto the hub carrier:

N 104 220 01 - x2 - £1.37 each inc vat

So on this picture, they are parts 3, 9, 2, & 10

post-795-0-85389600-1385992519_thumb.jpg

• Like 1