How to remove the front bumper?

TomCanham

Alright guys,

I've done some searching and couldn't really come up with anything useful.

Tomorrow i'm going to attempt to fit a new bumper to the car and I have no clue on how to remove the current one that is on the car, I'm going in blind.

I would appreciate any tips / information on how to tackle it, where to start and where the screws and clips are located etc...

I apologise if there is a blindingly obvious thread for this already :)

Thanks

basically if you go round the edges of your bumper you will find loads of t20 (I think)screws fastening the under tray to the bumper and the bumper to everything else. can't remember off the top of my head whether or not you need also to take out the indicator panel to get to two screws on top of the bumper, but if you do you need to prise this off at the edges very carefully. the single best piece of advice I can give you is to buy elsawin from ebay for about £6 all the info for your car and loads of other vw stuff. ebay number 300920207201 geoff

basically if you go round the edges of your bumper you will find loads of t20 (I think)screws fastening the under tray to the bumper and the bumper to everything else. can't remember off the top of my head whether or not you need also to take out the indicator panel to get to two screws on top of the bumper, but if you do you need to prise this off at the edges very carefully. the single best piece of advice I can give you is to buy elsawin from ebay for about £6 all the info for your car and loads of other vw stuff. ebay number 300920207201 geoff

Thanks for the reply, Didn't see it before I attempted it though :S

The front end comes off a lot easier than I expected though! Whipped it off in about 30 mins with a mate and that was without looking at anything information wise online.

things are often a lot simpler than they first appear, you'll be doing brain surgery next. I'd recommend that disc though for the next job (covers all your mates vw's too) geoff