New to the lupo game :)

jamieirish

Good morning guys and gals :)

The names Jamie and ive recently just purchased myself my first lupo which I will be collecting tomorrow so no pics for now im afraid. Its a 1999 lupo E 1.4 16v in soft blue (although it looks like a gay purple) and its sat ok FK coilovers and some standard alloys. I purchased it from a friend for a whole £200 due to it having to T&T so needing a few bits to get it road legal

New Windscreen
O/S wing
Wing mirror glass

and a high pressure pipe for the power steering system

once ive replaced these my friend has said he will pass it as he is luckily an MOT tester which will come in handy down the road as he has agreed to disregard any issues with emissions in the future as we discussed my plans for it which consists on bike carbs.

From looking through this forum it would seem your not a fan of carbs but unfortunately ive been a long time member of clubpolo having owned a polo 6n for a while and things like carbs have kinda stuck with me :P

Now I have my first question from you guys, theres a lot of moisture inside said lupo on the drivers side which I immediately presumed it would be the door seal but after abit of reading it seems it could be the drain holes in the door which are blocked. is there anything else I should check when I pick it up tomorrow before ordering a new door seal?

Also for the PS pipe it seams the lupo arosa and polo 6n used the same part, can anybody confirm if this is correct? and if possible does anyone have one for sale? ill be searching through the classifieds though :)

Glad to be here, seems like a nice forum and theres a lot of nice examples of lupos for a complete novice of lupo styling like myself to pick up on

Cheers for any advice you may have guys :)

Managed to sort the PS pipe yesterday for a measly £20 and spent today just wire brushing the surface rush and gave it a lick of paint, over the weekend I've also had the carpet and sound deadening out to rinse and clean them while I mopped up the lake that had formed in the footwell.. Culprit turned out to be the bonnet release cable grommet in the acuttle tray so that's had a hefty serving of silicone and it seems to have don't the job :)

Also fixed the wipers as a bracket holding the ball and socket joint had snapped so managed to get myself a spare for free

Wing has been purchased and should hopefully arrive tomorrow along with a set of Phillips Blue vision bulbs, I refuse to run HIDs because they just blind everybody!

Also topped up the engines fluids and had my first little drive of it round the block, seemed to be running pretty lean and had a lumpy idle, then I realised the temp guage wasn't working so a new blue temp sensor has been ordered to see if that helps it run any better

Luckily have a week off work so tomorrow is a bright (probably not so bright) and early start to firstly get the PS pipe and wing fitted (as long as it arrives) and then give the car a good clean and polish before I upload any pictures.

Ill set up a build thread tomorrow when I've got a few pictures because we all love pictures and words are boring! So on that note, peace out and good night.