Couple of Coilover Queries!

I have myself a set of JOM Coilovers which were running really nicely.

Last couple of days i've been noticing a strange creaking/squeaking from when I go to full right lock, back to straightening up. I think it's definitely coming from the Drivers Side set up.

Tonight I thought I'd jack it up and have a gander what was going on behind the wheel and discovered that the rubber sheath type thing which covers the shock had been getting pinched in the spring, and had proceeded to pretty much completely torn off. It was hanging by a thread so I proceeded to pull it off fully.
I was just wondering whether it matters that this cover is now gone. Obviously grit etc could get down the shock tube I guess, but it didn't look like it was doing much anyway.

Finally, whether it's related or not. I've noticed a light rattling noise coming from the bonnet area, again, could be around the right hand strut. I thought it could be the buckles on the underside of my bonnet bra, I pulled over, removed it, yet it continued. What could this be, and should I be concerned?

Edited by frost

Ignore the spam, it'll be gone soon hopefully. Has the creaking stopped now you've pulled the cover off? Perhaps try reseating it?

It hasn't stopped yet no, shall I be concerned? :P

I'm gonna be raising the front of my car slightly later on. I doubt it'll stop the creaking, but we'll see.

Just means I've got to get realigned -.-