Hi all,

Interested in your advice.

The bushes in the front lower wishbone arms are on their way out and I was wondering what I should do, that is:

• Buy new OEM wishbones that already have the bushes included ?....or....
  • Keep my wishbones and have just the bushes replaced with Powerflex bushes ?

Thanks for any advice.

I replaced mine with powerflex bushes from Al @ Awesome GTI, great upgrade in my opinion, car tracks much better.

When you say "noticeable difference", in what way ?

Do they make the ride harder, make the car tramline more etc ?

Also, when you replaced the Wishbone bushes, did you add any other powerflex bushes at the same time ?

• Like 1

did the anti roll bar bushes too, but started to run out of money, ha

Thanks Geoff - I know what you mean. f not careful, you can get carried away !

When you say "noticeable difference", in what way ?

Do they make the ride harder, make the car tramline more etc ?

Also, when you replaced the Wishbone bushes, did you add any other powerflex bushes at the same time ?

Anyone else ?

the handling should be better (sharper if that makes sense) although I have been told that the rear beam bushes tend to transmit more noise. I can't confirm this yet, I have a golf set to do when I get round to it. did you know that eurocarparts sell polyflex bushes? I get a hefty discount on them but I buy a lot of stuff off them. you won't get a price straight away but they ring you back. haggle! it gets you a better price, geoff

• Like 1

Thanks (again) Geoff.

My car needs ARB bushes as well. In fact the ARB bushes need doing now. The wishbone bushes will last a little longer but I thought I may as well get both sets done at the same time.

Do you need the wheels aligned after changing the bushes ?

Edited by spy

no, but if you're concerned by all means. are you experiencing unusual tyre wear or excessive squealing going round corners? if not then I wouldn't waste my money. my opinion however, as I've never seen your car. geoff

Not concerned, my tyre wear seems OK. I just thought that new bushes (either the bushes themselves or during the fitting) might throw the wheel alignment off

I wouldn't have thought so , but all the same keep an eye on your tyres, that's where most alignment problems show up. geoff