Wheels n tyres n tings

Clairey

Sooooo, I've just brought some 15's 7j. What tyre size would peeps recommend and also any pics people may have?!

I'm thinking about sticking some spacers on the back aswell for a little like?! ?

Open to opinions :)

P.s I want some stretch :)

speaking as an old fart, there is also a safety aspect to consider, stretching tyres is naughty, I wouldn't do it for my daughter. geoff

exactly - I have fitted monster wheels on cars since I got my fist one many years ago, but ive fitted the appropriate tyre to go with the wheel. why do people get nice big wheels for a car and then regress to the skinny tyres that came with the car? am I getting old?? geoff

yea, ray nice pic though. just put sophie's snow wheels and tyres on and was thinking about spacers too. got some arosa alloy wheels from the scrappy and they look tiny in the arches compared to the 16 inchers it normally rides on!! by the way have you got any snow yet? geoff

two questions, did you do any more damage than the tyre and how did you fix it (no spare tyre in a gti) the tyre foam wouldn't fix that! geoff

two questions, did you do any more damage than the tyre and how did you fix it (no spare tyre in a gti) the tyre foam wouldn't fix that! Geoff

wasnt in the gti was in my old sport on the way to get the gti so put the little spare one on, and didn't do any other damage to the wheel amazingly

ive had mates run 165.50 bridgestones on there cars for years with no problems.

harsher ride, and they are not as brave in the corners.

i run 195/50's on my golf and its comfy, it does not rub and i have that extra amount of tyre on the road.

195/50's wont go on a lupo too well. but my second choice would be 45's

i understand the sidewalls in 45's are reinforced?

i was told this anyway.

no, james its just the fact that the sidewalls on 45's are just stiff as f*** cos they're small. ask your tyrefitter. i've seen us with three people fitting 45's , hanging on to the tyre machine!! geoff

oh by the way "eagle eye of the week" goes to ray, well spotted on the lack of gti-ness. haa haa