Loss of power when hot

Dantownhill

Wondering if anybody could help. My 1 litre Lupo loses power when the engine gets hot, had the car scanned and it came up with a fault with the knock sensor. Fitted a new knock sensor, scanned again and no faults came up, however the car still loses power when the engine gets hot. It runs fine cold but loses power whenever the engine starts to get a little warm.

Its a 2000, with around 110k on the clock.

Also the exhaust is blowing just before the back box, doubt this would be causing it but i have no idea

Any suggestions would be awesome

Cheap from VW.

Do the thermostat and housing at the same time and then flush the whole coolant system out with G13 and you will be absolutely set for winter and you won't have to worry about it.

Cheap from VW.

Do the thermostat and housing at the same time and then flush the whole coolant system out with G13 and you will be absolutely set for winter and you won't have to worry about it.

Same on a tdi? Do you have a part number for the tdi themrostat housing. I'm trawling looking for one just now.

Cheap from VW.

Do the thermostat and housing at the same time and then flush the whole coolant system out with G13 and you will be absolutely set for winter and

you won't have to worry about it.

My dad just told me he put a new sensor and thermostat on before we did the knock sensor. Have a new radiator which should be getting fitted soon as well so maybe that will stop it gettin hot in the first place but that still doesnt explain the huge power loss :/