Fitting a VW MFD Sat Nav to a Lupo

Hi guys recently bought a VW branded MFD Double Din Sat Nav unit for my Lupo.

In order for the navigation part to work correctly will I need to purchase a 'Plug & Play' lead for it?

Anyone else tried fitted one of these to their Lupo?

It is a D type & I have the Code, GPS Aerial Transmitor & the Disc

You'll need a plug n play kit even if you just want audio unless you plan on splicing the connectors yourself.

The kit is as it says, plug n play & worth not having the hassle

Not much room behind the dash for all the wiring (as I also fitted a MFD to iPhone interface at the same time in place of the CD changer) so I removed the plastic guide the holds the rear of a single DIN stereo in place to give it more room

Getting a decent single for the GPS is an issue though if you want it all hidden away, unless to run the length of the cable trough out the dash it won't pick anything up (unless to plan to mount it external on top of the dash)

Thanks for your reply & info mate!

I've had the radio & unit working just by plugging into the original connectors & aerial.

But the sat nav part is not working as it should, hence the reason asking if I needed this additional wiring to make it operate correctly & I intend to the GPS aerials on the dash but need to feed the wires through firstly

• 3 weeks later...