headlights and turn indicators throught the fog lights

benters

Hi Gang . . . my M.O.T. is up shortly and i wouldnt be suprised if the headlights get mentioned, I see cyclists with better lights than my car !

I did try a H.I.D. kit but after 2 bulbs and a ballast unit failing i took the kit out. The standard bulbs must be worth an upgrade but i couldn't find anything on the 'search forums' thingy for any recommendations.

Whilst i have you, those turn indicators where the fogs come on is a neat trick, has anyone fitted that mod, and if so. . how did you do it

Help. . .running out of candles on the bonnett

Oh no same as me, I bought the value bag of tea lights :P and pointed a torch in the direction of the corner for the fogs, :P anyway on a serious note, JoeA is your man to talk about for bulbs, and do you mean the thing that when you turn that fog light comes on?

cheers all, and yes Matt i do mean the jobby that turns the fogs on when you turn, saw it on a golf convertible this morning.

Bummer ! oh well, bulbs first then at least i can see where i am going beofre the advance stuff of looking round corners !

Hi Gang . . . my M.O.T. is up shortly and i wouldnt be suprised if the headlights get mentioned, I see cyclists with better lights than my car !

I did try a H.I.D. kit but after 2 bulbs and a ballast unit failing i took the kit out. The standard bulbs must be worth an upgrade but i couldn't find anything on the 'search forums' thingy for any recommendations.

Whilst i have you, those turn indicators where the fogs come on is a neat trick, has anyone fitted that mod, and if so. . how did you do it

Help. . .running out of candles on the bonnett

Why would they get mentioned? Unless they're modified, they left the factory with all the wiring required to power a 55w H4 bulb, which puts out a minimum of 1000lm, a decent one is closer to 1800lm. Why would they fail now? They haven't moved the goal posts in the MOT test...

If you want a light upgrade though, Nightbreakers, are the way to go I guess.

Why would they get mentioned? Unless they're modified, they left the factory with all the wiring required to power a 55w H4 bulb, which puts out a minimum of 1000lm, a decent one is closer to 1800lm. Why would they fail now? They haven't moved the goal posts in the MOT test...

If you want a light upgrade though, Nightbreakers, are the way to go I guess.

not sure they will fail, but almost every car i see on the road seems to have better brighter lights, and being that mine is an 'olden' i wondered if over time these things just gradually deteriorate to a point that an upgrade is the way forward. i guess i am at this point.

As for choice, it seems the Ring 120% bulbs are the ones to go for.

found them on ebay for £16 delivered. . .bargain