Knocking from drivers wheel

Hi i have got knocking coming from the drivers wheel any one know what it could be. also when i turn the car off some thing rattles n e one know what that could be.

let me know thanx blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

The knocking: If you're talking about a loud knock when turning and moving slowly (usually when manouvering) especially when reversing, then most, if not all GTIs have this. Don't know what it is though!

The rattling: Errr... well where's it coming from??! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

get a couple of people to bounce the car on whatever side it is. my car was makin a weird knockin sound when i got it lowered. it was the shock hittin the plastic crap on the inside of the arch. it made a really hectic noise.

• 1 year later...

AK what was the outcome from this ?? i have a rattle coming from the top of the suspension ( sounds like its coming from behind the tweeter ) but only when you go near full right lock

Hi i have got knocking coming from the drivers wheel any one know what it could be. also when i turn the car off some thing rattles n e one know what that could be.

let me know thanx blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Get your engine mounts checked, that could what that knocking is when you turn the car off.

I had the same problem, had them tightened and problem solved.

T

hi if its a gti mine klonks when reversing has all was done .my buddy had one [gti ]was the same when reversing loud clonk. vw tried to sort under warranty .you guessed it .it still klonks. when my buddy pointed it out to the vw dealer he said they all do it huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> personally i think there a lot going on under the bonnet of a gti there is not a lot of room .something is not quite right with geometry .

hi if its a gti mine klonks when reversing has all was done .my buddy had one [gti ]was the same when reversing loud clonk. vw tried to sort under warranty .you guessed it .it still klonks. when my buddy pointed it out to the vw dealer he said they all do it huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> personally i think there a lot going on under the bonnet of a gti there is not a lot of room .something is not quite right with geometry .

solution [FIT A MOTHER OF ALL SOUND SYSTEMS OR WEAR EAR DEFENDERS cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Good spanking down a country lane - always one of my rememdies when my car makes funny noises wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> (after checking it wont fall apart first of course!)

Edited by lunalupi

I had that when I first got my lupo. Turned out to be a cracked g/box mount. The VW dealer thought it was my suspension at first...they ended up stripping the whole front suspension but couldn't find anything, 3 days later they discovered the cracked g/box mount. They said it must have been a faulty mount.

(after checking it wont fall apart first of course!)

wheres the fun in that laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> all i am saying is this road a normal person would take each bend at about 20mph , i was taking them at about 45mph laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> you got to love the new tyres and them having loads of grip biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />