Lucy the Lupo

Thomas96

Hello guys and girls

this is my first post on here so sorry in advance if its a bit crappy. i actually bought lucy in april this year but hadn't past my test until the end of august. it took me so long to post on here because i didn't think there was any point due to not having any modifications but loads of people are doing it so why no eh?

May i introduce you to lucy the lupo :clap:

Bought her at 101000 miles with only a leaky shock which i got fixed the next week. she's only a 1.0l but she's got a heart of gold, doesn't put a foot wrong :wub:
over the past few months i haven't really done much, just kept her as clean as time will allow as i am a full time student. at first i painted the badge surround neon pink (don't ask). it looked tacky from day one i don't know what i was thinking. a couple weeks ago i paint the surround gloss black as trying to rub it down to bare plastic was gonna be difficult with some of the angles. i removed the bump strips which took like two days because some of the glue was properly hard to get off.
I think since I've bought her i think the biggest mod I've done is the cupholder/coin tray. bought it off ebay for about £20 with out a single mark on it. was well chuffed as i had been hunting for one since pretty much the day i bought it.
yes i know the rear head rests are missing i removed them so i could actually see decent out my rear window. i couldn't seem to get into a position that would allow me to see behind me comfortably so they're sitting in a cupboard somewhere as i never have anyone in the back anyway. for sale or swap if anyones interested thought i doubt anyone will be as they are the infamous hoop version. message me if you are interested though, heck message me even if your not. could do with some people to familiarise myself with being my first post and all.
If you've made it through all of that then my question is what cheap mods would people recommend that would make this car a little nicer without having to declare it to my insurance. Not looking to do anything big just little details.
thank you for reading this and again sorry if the post was a little (or a lot) crappy. my grammar and punctuation are also not brilliant i am aware of this i have slight dyslexia so don't hate.
Edited by Thomas96

Welcome to the forum :wave: Nothing wrog with Loop hoops, she looks a lovely base example. just keep her clean and tidy, there is a thread somewhere on here for free or cheap mods under £10 i think. Just make her your own, whatever makes you happy because at the end of the day shes yours.

Matt

• Like 1

Thanks man !

I know theyre not too bad just a bit too hard and high for my liking, would much rather some nice soft ones. cars being sold to my mum next summer anyway once i find a spotless example of a sport.

I guess your right, no point doing the same as everyone else if it doesnt make me happy.

Thanks again

Thomas.

hey, are you thinking of selling your rear headrests? i need two for my lupo as i often carry passengers in the back and will be taking my young neice out soon for a day out. would feel alot safer with headrests just incase something was to happen! if you are thinking of getting rid or selling, how much would you ask for the pair of them? cheers, hannah :) x

So do you have any plans for this one then? You can do them and then always swap them over, that's what I did when I got my second one.

im not sure yet, kinda wanna have enough to buy a sport before next summer and trying to save enough that quickly makes money a little tight :/ any little bit i do though i will post threads on here.

• 2 months later...

Not updated this in ages so thought I should. Well on December 3rd the gearbox blew up so was off the road till about the 19th. wheel alignment is now out and steering wheel isn't straight. When I straighten the wheel the car steers right so that's getting fixed this week. Bought a couple treats for the car while she's been dead.

I bought a new headhunt jvc kdr331 it was cheap but does what I need

Finally wired up my indicators to my remote central locking

Removed the rear wiper, have a Halfords rubber grommet at the moment but will be fitting a glass one this week when it arrives

Removed rear Lupo badge

Painted by heater controls and grab handles gloss black

Have done a lot of sound proofing to the door and waiting to have enough money for a dynamat bulk kit so I can do a more thorough job

I have also just ordered a set of Cambridge rear lights from awesome gti

All in all a lot has happened to the car in the past two months and there's a still a lot to do, will upload pic's soon once I have my new parts fitted and alignment done.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I promise I will start updating this more often.

Cambridge rear lights arrived today from awesome gti. Very impressed with the delivery. I ordered them at about 10 am yesterday and they arrived about 4.30pm today.

Already detengeod them with a soldering iron and a pair of pliers. That was fun, bowels are now empty :blush:

pics will be up tomorrow once theyre fitted.