realistic insurance quotes

1litre lucy

im a new driver, driving a 1.0e lupo with a few mods, most of which are not performance enhancing, Im struggling to get a quote at all, and when I do its ridiculous money, like £7000 - £10000... anyone have any ideas where and how I can get a realistic quote??

Insurance depends on so many different factors, you need to be honest with it but there are ways to make it cheaper

Have you tried adding a parent as a named driver?

If you have access to another vehicle on a regular basis declare it.

Take a look at the way you have noted down your occupation, sometimes your job title phrased differently can make it cheaper.

Most importantly play the companies against each other, do some comparison sites/ringing round and get the best price you can then call other companies and see if they can beat it.

If you can, look into the insurance with a black box.

I'm 20, first year insurance, started my own policy, fully comp, and added my mum as a driver, and mods declared, for £1060.

Couldn't be happier. If I drive good within a percentage above 77%, i'll get £100 back. (On average I'm getting 84-94%, and I am certainly not the best driver out there!)

This is with AXA.

Really hope this helps :)

I've just realised how much kids are paying for insurance.

That's mad money, my Golf doesn't even cost me half what your Arosa costs and our Lupo is only a couple of hundred quid a year!

Thank goodness for being over 25!

:lol:

im a new driver, driving a 1.0e lupo with a few mods, most of which are not performance enhancing, Im struggling to get a quote at all, and when I do its ridiculous money, like £7000 - £10000... anyone have any ideas where and how I can get a realistic quote??

Hi,

Please feel free to give us a try if you like. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.

Regards,

Dan.

I've just realised how much kids are paying for insurance.

That's mad money, my Golf doesn't even cost me half what your Arosa costs and our Lupo is only a couple of hundred quid a year!

Thank goodness for being over 25!

:lol:

I know, my Lupo is just over 200 quid, 450 for the VX220, yet the other half gets raped for over 500 for a 80bhp Corsa!

Black box's what a load of bollox! If they are so useful why only a 100 quid back?

If you've technically peformed like what they would expect someone who pays 300 quid a year why don't you get 700 back?

• 3 weeks later...

On the drive was cheaper than garaged?

On road is cheaper than both for me

I assume there are a lot of claims for small scrapes driving in and out of garage/ walls on and off driveway.

Plus if its on the road it's less likely to be stolen

As opposed to hidden in a locked garage? Wowzers I've really got to re-think where I park

No it's more likely to get stolen off your driveway than the roadside, and you are more likely to make a fault claim driving it in and out of the garage than if it were parked at the roadside.