GTI Discs & Brakes ?

Hi all,

Which set of brake pads and discs would you recommend for the rear of the GTI ?

I have seen a few cheap sets on eBay such as Mintex etc as well as the Euro Car Parts stuff such as Pagid and Eicher but not sure which are best

I think the pagid stuff is sold as oe , but if you want to upgrade then ebay is your oyster. I have found in the past that the oe stuff is usually ok unless you have really wild mods as what some people sell as fast road pads often don't get hot enough to become efficient. you don't need to go wild with rear pads as they don't contribute greatly to stopping. any help?

Yes, thanks. The car has no mods at the moment. The type of mods was thinking was mainly a sports exhaust back box and upgraded suspension so I doubt I will need more powerful brakes.

If Pagid are recommended then I may pick some up as ECP are doing 30% discount at the moment

Thanks Clayton. I only need the rears as the fronts were done last year.

What is the difference between EBC and Pagid ?

Personally I hate EBC, specifically "Green Stuff" pads, I'd never buy a set but that's just my opinion.

As for rear pads, if you aren't driving it on track days or hammering it like a lunatic on the road then OE stuff or similar should be fine.