My Piece of Sunny Spain...

jamesdeane91

1998 Seat Arosa 1.4 MPi 8v
In, what I like to call, Spanish Racing Green!

May be known as Pickles, or more commonly, The Snatterbox Bax! (In English = Snotter Box)

Bought in December 2010. 33k miles, 2 owners from new and a full Seat service history. It looked a bit like this...

DSC02901-1.jpg

DSC02903-1.jpg

Edited by jamesdeane91

Due to buying the car in the winter I didn't really do much with it... Chirstmas, bad weather... all that lark.

DSC02922.jpg

When the weather calmed down a little I decided to add a few personal touches to the Arosa. I started by debadging the rear boot lid, completely worth it!

DSC02925.jpg

DSC02926.jpg

I also added some SEAT seatbelt covers and a new CD/DVD/MP3 player to the car. Pretty standard stuff so far.

Edited by jamesdeane91

Continued...

So after saving a bit of dosh away I decided on my next two mods... Lowering and colour coding a few things. I bought a set of coilovers on eBay for an absolute steal and booked the car in at a local spray shop to have the wing mirrors and bumpstrips painted.

249994_10150648393600495_5311811_n.jpg

252129_10150648393620495_6575228_n.jpg

247973_10150648393710495_7333813_n.jpg

Edited by jamesdeane91

What have you got your eyes on?

I'm still debating what to get. I know I want 13x7's for the front but not sure if I want the hassle of the cops with 13x8's on the back. Gonna go for banded steelies or a set of minilites I think. Still can't decide what colour to get them either as the car's an usual colour! Any suggestions?

Looks great! Can't wait to see a set of wheels going on this!

Thanks J3RWN. I know, same here. Will look much better.

J

13"s require a lot of lows to be pulled off, but its possible and erm colours... an off white cream colour?

I agree with this! I'm running 13x7 atm and the arch gap is doing my head in! Don't get me wrong, I love my wheels but after a while I'll be going for something a bit bigger!

13"s require a lot of lows to be pulled off, but its possible and erm colours... an off white cream colour?

I'm on coilovers so the height can be adjusted. I plan on running it quite low anyway.

I agree with this! I'm running 13x7 atm and the arch gap is doing my head in! Don't get me wrong, I love my wheels but after a while I'll be going for something a bit bigger!

You mean running on 7's at the rear there's still quite a bit of arch gap?

J

So, grille removed for a clean and respray. Noticed the state of the engine!

IMG_0478.jpg

Definitely time for a clean!

IMG_0481.jpg

And bought new headlight bulbs from eBay. I think the bulbs that were in have been in since 1998...

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_04881.jpg

Edited by jamesdeane91

I haven't driven the car since I put them in as the grille is still out for spraying, but I was out in it last night and they make such a massive difference. Definitely a must do. I think they were only about £13 from eBay aswell. Bargain!

• 2 weeks later...