Mattarosas Arosas

mattarosa

My old man seems to think that it doesn't feel synthetic, which may cause the flashing . We'll soon see hopefully clear theegr valve at the same time.

The oil that's come out?

I'd run a bottle of Forte Flush through first, or, put some diesel oil in for about thousand miles. Will clean any of the crap out.

It is pretty sexy! But no proper handbrake, bad marks there. Done the check straps and oil change, the check straps went straight on, just used a g clamp to press them in no filling required, only done the drivers door at the moment, just need some thrust washers now, can't complain for 72p a side really!

This oil looked like flushing oil and didn't feel synthetic at all,was also as black as the ace of spades, it fun so smoother now, no light Anne it doesn't judder anymore, everyone's a winner.

How did you get the pin through without filing? I know you can press the nut in using a g-clamp but i found the hole in the middle was ever so slightly too small for the pin? Perhaps I got a bad batch, because they all seem to be the same :\

Edited by Skezza

It is pretty sexy! But no proper handbrake, bad marks there. Done the check straps and oil change, the check straps went straight on, just used a g clamp to press them in no filling required, only done the drivers door at the moment, just need some thrust washers now, can't complain for 72p a side really!

This oil looked like flushing oil and didn't feel synthetic at all,was also as black as the ace of spades, it fun so smoother now, no light Anne it doesn't judder anymore, everyone's a winner.

No idea how you can tell the difference between synthetic oil, semi, or flushing oil hahah, you must have an eye, but yes, if the oil is particularly black and chunky then that's possibly it. I imagine it'll run great now with some good fully synth in. I told you about when I flushed mine, there were visible lumps of KFC dropping into the drain pan. Pretty nasty.

No idea how you can tell the difference between synthetic oil, semi, or flushing oil hahah, you must have an eye, but yes, if the oil is particularly black and chunky then that's possibly it. I imagine it'll run great now with some good fully synth in. I told you about when I flushed mine, there were visible lumps of KFC dropping into the drain pan. Pretty nasty.

No KFC was lump free, it just looked cheap nasty horrible oil. The pin just went in, well I turned it a few times but went in easy enough.

No KFC was lump free, it just looked cheap nasty horrible oil. The pin just went in, well I turned it a few times but went in easy enough.

That's bizarre. Maybe I got a bad batch, or the wrong ones altogether....? I don't know if I should buy another perhaps, but then I'm just pissing money away. I bought about 8 because I figured my next Lupo will most likely have the same problem, and Polo's and other VW's do suffer the same problems and it seemed slightly too small for the pin and slightly too big for the hole. That's fine, because I can obviously press it in. Did you buy yours from the same place? Bearing Boys on Amazon? I can't understand for the life of me then why the pin on mine refused to go straight in without filing.

I bought 8 of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DEDEURE/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I could buy one or two more perhaps, but if I got the same ones I'd be pretty pissed off.

Hmm, probably. Can't remember. Like I said, I bought 8 so I can always have another go. I think the problem is filing it will eventually cause it to wear quicker than if I'd forced it in... let's see eh? Considering they were £2.50 postage it was worth getting a few lol.

Edited by Skezza

Yeah that's what I thought, they're oilite bushes so they absorb oil apparently so that's why they may have been tight.any tips for egr clean?

So wait, you reckon I shouldn't oil them? Put them in dry then oil them after? Interesting.

Defcon did an excellent How To http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=86131

Unfortunately, the photos are missing, so you'll have to make do without I'm afraid.

Half the How To's have no photos nowadays :\

I think they'll wear just like all the bushes. I think it's just a fact the doors are heavy that causes part of the issue, but the good thing is theres cheap ways of fixing. The plastic I used in my passenger door is still going strong and now we have the brass bush too, and for a quick fix you've always got heatshrink.