Mattarosas Arosas

mattarosa

• 4 weeks later...

Went the garage this morning and ordered a brand new one, £16 can't complain really.

Nah, that's cheap. I thought a genuine one was nearer £20? i might have been tempted to leave the old one in and fit a new one in the summer, but then hell, what's the point in ordering those new clocks if you aren't going to use them eh? I've got the vag tacho now, so we'll work out a time to reprogram the odometer. You going to keep the old clocks as spares or simply reflog on eBay?

Well the air vent came Friday, took longer to get into the packaging than it did to fit, the oil sensor im collecting today ready for a full oil change, new sensor and filter at the weekend, the heater resistor is going in this afternoon so it'll blow on 1,2,3 and 4 not just 4!, and hopefully egr valve clean at the weekend too, then its only the rear light needed, a spare wheel securing screw warning triangle and first aid kit and its how it left the factory, oh and odometer correction and door check strap fixing :ouch: never ending list! looks like its going to be a long weekend. where did you get the brass bushes from for yours?

The ones I bought were from Amazon, sounds like the ones you bought too. The only issue I found is that the internal diameter was ever so slightly too big, so I had to take a dremel to it to fit my check strap pin. Getting it into the strap was a bit weird too. I filed it till it fit, but I'm starting to think the better way would have been to simply press it into the strap which can be done using a vice.

I bought about 8 of them :) I still think the plastic option is better than the brass bush, it's ever so slightly quieter, but then it may well not last as long ;)