Mattarosas Arosas

mattarosa

Figured I should get around to sort this out. The first Arosa was a 52 plate black 1 litre on 69000 and a full seat service history owned previously by 2 elderly spinsters, making me the 3rd owner. soon after it got lupo rear lights.

DSC0002811_zps4fcb5f34.jpg

This unfortunately soon met an untimely death some 8 months into ownership.

PICT0597_zpsbbe84851.jpg

needless to say was dreading telling the insurance and I don't know who LV have working for them to "assess damage" but they must all walk round with white sticks because I was told I had bonnet damage steering damage headlight, grill and badge damage... nothing about the roof.

Anyway started scouring the web and found my new one in crewe, not a vast distance from me. a sliver, sorry arctic grey,52 plate, 1 litre with full seat service history and with only 34000 on the clock, one previous owner a retired teacher for his wife. got it home phone up LV they wanted £3200!! anyway to cut a long story short im now paying £750 fully comp with 10,000 miles a year, so it actually went down just under £300.

DSC00484_zps4c26ff2e.jpg

Took it for a service and some nice new tyres as they were running a bit low on the front. this one soon got the same treatment as the black one, a good wash and some lupo lights, wish I had taken pictures of the engine bay before because it looked like they had never bothered to wash it. Turns out the man at seat who does all the servicing, his sister had a canica blue arosa from brand new, cost her £4500 brand new and later art ex'd it for a 1.9Tdi leon so shows how well they hold value. Anyway took it to my friend and had the bottom wax oiled because the arches were in mint condition some how and I want these to stay without bubbling.

DSC00476_zpsebe4809c.jpg

Next step was to by little things like a tow eye cover, some new floor mats, LCR splitter, GTI front lower doors cards, just waiting for a present from Kauftek and my Front fogs can go in. I wasn't happy with just black floor mats so got a little artistic ;)

DSC00032_zps2183ec38.jpg

DSC00468_zpsffc75a7d.jpg

DSC00469_zps9578be8a.jpg

And as a result the backs have never seen feet, the back seats were unused form new so im keeping it that way, and the front only come out in summer and even then they have mats over them until I park up and get out.

Then took a camping trip where old met new, any campers out there should understand what I mean, this might also qualify me to join the club lupo billy no mates club :innocent:

IMAG0566_zps7a7dc0c8.jpg

Ive since bought some Xenon blubs so now I can see at night. and yes lows would be nice but as my old one demonstrated its not really worth it for how low I could go.

DSC00440_zps48e4c879.jpg

Anyway, this is how we currently sit and ill hopefully keep the changes coming.

Edited by mattarosa

• 4 weeks later...

DSC00505_zps83b06d12.jpg

Thought I would join in the little hat craze, this is before those horrid innocent smoothies started doing them, and the second one was when I asked my grandma to make me one because I cant knit hats.

DSC00506_zpsf37ac4b2.jpg

Oh and my Dubfiction bracelet which lives there. :coffee:

Edited by mattarosa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Using two of these:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=300942090098

Bought them about 12 months ago, very satisfied with them. They're roughly the same brightness as an ordinary filament bulb. A bit of a pain to fit as they're much bigger than a standard bulb.

There are UK sellers as well, I just prefer paying as little as possible haha! There are CREE ones too but they only put out a single high intensity beam. These scatter better :)

Yes but note how its lying uselessly on the floor and note the hefty length of wood that's actually supporting the car, I have reasons, our trolley jack has at last decided it doesn't need an oil seal so every time you pump it to jack something up it pisses oil out everywhere all over the garage floor. We used to stem the flow with a jay cloth but its got far to serious for that...

What reversing lamps are you using Skezza they look very blue, and nice to see you have wired up both reversing lights too, Tom you need to get round to doing that if you haven't already.

Getting on to wiring them up when I have the stuff and it's a little warmer :P