1 litre power?

1litre lucy

Without being mean... you're in a 1 litre mate, I'm surprised nobody has come on here and taken the piss out of you. You're not really going to get any power gains, but you can do a few little things that make it sound faster lol. Induction kit (will probably lose BHP if you don't install a CAI or stay the same) and debaffle exhaust is a good place to start. If you don't fancy debaffling, saw it off and weld a straight pipe, that'll sound kind of throaty. Beyond that there isn't much you can do with just a 1 litre.

Don't expect any power gains whatsoever mate. Sorry.

Edited by Skezza

Without being mean... you're in a 1 litre mate, I'm surprised nobody has come on here and taken the piss out of you. You're not really going to get any power gains, but you can do a few little things that make it sound faster lol. Induction kit (will probably lose BHP if you don't install a CAI or stay the same) and debaffle exhaust is a good place to start. If you don't fancy debaffling, saw it off and weld a straight pipe, that'll sound kind of throaty. Beyond that there isn't much you can do with just a 1 litre.

Don't expect any power gains whatsoever mate. Sorry.

Of course there is stuff he can do?!

Cams, high comp pistons, bigger valves, head work port polishing and gas flow the head. Individual throttle bodies with new fuel rails and a standalone engine management system with custom remap.

That should see you about 70-80hp. Will cost you silly money though lol.

Cams, high comp pistons, bigger valves, head work port polishing and gas flow the head. Individual throttle bodies with new fuel rails and a standalone engine management system with custom remap.

Im currently umming and ahing about doing all that currently, just for shiits and giggles.

• Like 1

Of course there is stuff he can do?!

That should see you about 70-80hp. Will cost you silly money though lol.

OK, yes, you can do stuff, but I was talking from a realistic point of view which is stuff like air intake etc. He's not going to spend the money required to make it genuinely faster, nobody would on a 1 litre. You may as well buy a 1.4 16v.

If you want to be totally factual, like you said, uprated cams (which don't guarantee an increase in BHP bare that in mind), bigger valves, pistons etc. New ECU for the standalone engine management + as you say a custom remap.

I would love to see someone do a full overhaul on a 1.0 and see what they can get out of it, but I looked into this briefly and it would also be custom parts as there's nothing off the shelf for the 1.0.

As well as the top end stuff, I was thinking balanced and lightened crank and flywheel.

Best start to make it more responsive is to strip it out.

Nah but seriously , a 1litre is an economy car dude , just debadge it , lower it on some springs , and a universal backbox, a set of wind deflectors sum stickers , and old school steel wheels , don't blow the bank , and if you follow what I say you will get a nice wee runabout :D

Nah but seriously , a 1litre is an economy car dude , just debadge it , lower it on some springs , and a universal backbox, a set of wind deflectors sum stickers , and old school steel wheels , don't blow the bank , and if you follow what I say you will get a nice wee runabout :D just service it regularly and keep it clean as far as the performance goes .

OK, yes, you can do stuff, but I was talking from a realistic point of view which is stuff like air intake etc. He's not going to spend the money required to make it genuinely faster, nobody would on a 1 litre. You may as well buy a 1.4 16v.

If you want to be totally factual, like you said, uprated cams (which don't guarantee an increase in BHP bare that in mind), bigger valves, pistons etc. New ECU for the standalone engine management + as you say a custom remap.

I wouldnt get a 1.4 16v. They are junk. Why anyone buys a lupo sport I don't know. Thr engine is the worst engine in the world ever.

Why would chsngjng to bigger/longer duration cams not increase bhp along with the other mods?

If u upgrade the cams would u not have to bore out the engine ? U could probs skim it upto a 1.4 displacement . Sayin that though the metal would be weaker and not very reliable , (heat, wear etc) ? ?

If u upgrade the cams would u not have to bore out the engine ? U could probs skim it upto a 1.4 displacement . Sayin that though the metal would be weaker and not very reliable , (heat, wear etc) ? ?

You wouldn't have to no. A lot of people cam engines without boring them out which alot more work. You bore not skim and I doubt you would get 0.4 litres more. You could sleeve it. Depending on if you could boring and a stroker kit would increase capacity.

Do you have the money to throw at it Lucy? If not, just save your pennies for something with more power.

I grew up on Hillman Imps; larger valves, ported & polished inlet and outlet, skimmed head, lightweight flywheel, sports exhaust, sports cams, twin SUs\Dellortos, and it went quicker. I got a lot of it done by a friend, but it still cost me and came with reliability issues.