Rust ??

spy

Hi all,

In my hunt for a Lupo GTI, I went to see a red one today. Mechanically it has been well looked after with a load of receipts for recent mechanical work carried out.

Unfortunately, the same care that has been applied to the mechanics did not extend to the body.

One of the more worrying things was paint bubbling (like you typically see where rust is coming through from the metal underneath) on the lower part of the front wings, where they meet the sills.

I understand that these wings are meant to be aluminium so it is baffling me why the paint should be bubbling as if there is rust.

Does anyone have this on their cars and what could be causing it ?

Also, does anyone know how much a fully body respray might cost on one of these cars. Not a windows out job but more of a freshen up of the paint given it might need some body repairs and a new rear bumper ?

OK, thanks, that explains it then, it is corrosion. For some reason I thought Aluminium didn't but there you go !