Tom's Soft Blue - Creamy BBS and Custom Springs!

TomCanham

Thought I recognised the back drop I'm from Leicester too haha great build, I thought you'd stuck to the black one as there is one sitting in a drive on banded steels not being used, what happened to the steels? I want some for my Lupo. :)

Cool, Might see you around at somepoint then at some of the meets then. Some one in my family bought the black one off me so I still get to see it around, even if it is back to standard ;)

The bandeds are sitting in my garage doing nothing now. Probably going to be up for sale once the BBS are on.

Those wheels look great!

Thanks man!

okay I'm in love....they are so nice man.

Thanks man, I've put a more money into them than initially planned, But they have turned out far better than I imagined they would. I've fallen in love with them too :)

Let me know about the steels I should be saving for an engine as mines on the way out but if they're the right price haha. Yeah hopefully I'll keep an eye out for you too I'm in a fairly standard red Lupo, 6n steels low profiles. :)

Let me know about the steels I should be saving for an engine as mines on the way out but if they're the right price haha. Yeah hopefully I'll keep an eye out for you too I'm in a fairly standard red Lupo, 6n steels low profiles. :)

Ill probably be looking for about £230 for the steels as the fronts aren't 4x100 fitment so they come with adapters (why the fronts poke so much). The rears aren't the right center bore either and I don't have spigots for them.

This used to be my car :-)

What a nightmare fitting that 4-1 decat!

Small world man!

So, I got the centers back from paint, They're alright, But i'm going to be keeping my seeing spheres peeled for some chrome centers!

Also really annoyed that my new logo caps wont be here in time for Edition as these now let the wheels down. Hoping to get the tyres on first thing in the morning so I can madly rush with sorting camber/fitment!

15044286311_002aa10a22_c.jpg

14860636399_447ff1058d_c.jpg

Beautiful wheels even without the chrome I'll have to keep my eye out for you haha, ahh I'll pass on the steels I wanted banded OEM steels but instead I brought some Lupo sports from Ben White on here for 30 quid so going with them now. :D

Beautiful wheels even without the chrome I'll have to keep my eye out for you haha, ahh I'll pass on the steels I wanted banded OEM steels but instead I brought some Lupo sports from Ben White on here for 30 quid so going with them now. :D

Thanks man, Will definitely see you around! Where about are you from exactly? Ive seen one or two red Lupo's around the Loughborough area. Fair enough man, Great price on the sport wheels! Ive been running them too for the last few weeks. Think they look really cool.

Got round to fitting the tyres and wheels today. Went for 165/55's all round. Took me a while to find somewhere that would stretch the rears on for me!

I don't really have many pictures, But I have a setup for the rear suspension I was planning on using that pretty much got the car on the floor (even the standard sport wheels just sat on the arch liners) and the rear fitment was great!! Really makes me wish I had air haha.

14870899838_910d40227b_c.jpg

14870828180_a718373a1a_c.jpg

So for now Ive put the standard ProSport springs back in without the adjusters and added some camber using the washer trick but I didn't get any pictures as I just wanted to drive!!

I'm planning on fiddling around with the rear fitment tomorrow to see if I can get them sitting any better before edition then just give it a good clean. Pics will come tomorrow I guess :)

That looks clean and just enough stretch, I'm from Narborough Road area just close to Leicester city centre, you might of seen mine as its not modified apart from 6n steels haha it will be soon though! Getting a Tim and Tom interior as well as my wheels on soon!

Just a few from Edition38 -- Was my first time going this year, Camped there from the Friday night. Was blown away by the class and quality of the cars that were on show! Really enjoyed the weekend and will be there next year for sure!

15141717425_e81ebae100_c.jpg

14955072140_f5f4f69842_c.jpg

14955173717_4b30890a5f_c.jpg

15141718685_ea3b6b860a_c.jpg

15141718915_b356063a11_c.jpg

Really really love the wheels, So glad they have turned out great! Actually loving the cream with the blue of the car (I was rather worried that it wouldn't look right). I've also had many a compliment on the wheels from many family and friends and I feel that's made them worth it and put a big smile on my face!

Just don't overly like the way they are sitting at the minute. I am able to get the car sitting on the floor practically at the rear, But like said in a few posts back, the tyres were just sitting on the arches and liners, So im going to have a look at modifying the liners and a bit more camber I think.

Due to it sitting on the tyre, I ran the standard ProSport coillie springs without the adjusters for edition but this has allowed the very edge of the tyre just to catch on the inner arch despite them being rolled, So I think the plan is going to be to have some smaller much stiffer custom springs made up from Demon Tweeks I think and have a bit more work done on the arches where they have been rolled.

Also think my gearbox is about to go :'( - Its showing a few signs, Will just have to see how that goes....

Thanks

Edited by TomCanham

• 2 weeks later...

Not done so much to the car recently, Not since edition really.

I've had the lower dash out again this week to sort out some wiring, So while it was out I wired in an amp so I can put my sub in and fitted the heater control dials from an Arosa as I think they look a lot smarter.

Only got a picture of the controls :) Who wants to see an small amp amp anyway.

15039849459_2c6eb87932_c.jpg

Then today, I finally got round to fitting the lower front bumper with fogs i've had sitting around in my garage for months. Great improvement to the car I feel and I should of done it a lot sooner. They aren't wired in at the minute though. Not sure whether to wire them in as actual fogs or turn them into either a second set of indicators or a second set of side lights.

15223394571_1d6e7c4f95_c.jpg

I've now also started the stockpile of parts for the next big thing to come, so watch this space, Though I think it will be some time as I get the bits together and get handy with grinding and welding...

Looks smart tom! Love the colour of the wheels too!

Thanks mate

These turned up int the post yesterday, Some custom springs, rated up to 2 tonnes so they are rather stiff! Currently got it sitting a little lower at the back, Still got half an inch to wind down on the fronts, then i've got he helper spring to take out. How much different will that actually make??

Will get some pictures this weekend. Will be terrible though, as the car currently has standard wheels on the front as the BBS are leaking air and need re-sealing :(

15281913005_f109672e2d_c.jpg

(Sorry, its just a crappy phone picture)

• 2 months later...

Alright guys, Not done much to the car for quite some time now, Not even cleaned it since September! Although i'm now running some standard sport alloys on 155/55 nankangs for winter. Will be rebuilding the front BBS in the meantime as they are leaking. Can't wait for the nicer weather to come back around in the new year and crack on with this now :)

Some pics of how she is currently looking :)

15429434104_6529fbba86_c.jpg

15865966407_0f5a51bf6c_c.jpg

• 1 month later...