First car!

ArosaEdd

Hey guys, im Edd and im new to clublupo and to driving :wave: I'm 17 and passed my test this time last month since then i bought myself a little 1.0L Arosa so here goes the facts

Insurance £1400 for a 17 year old was unreal

Millege is sitting at 107000

IMG_1706_zps2c4db617.jpg

So here is my little orange arosa, the day we picked her up and rushed to halfords to get a touch up pen...

IMG_1734_zps5a608a7b.jpg

Within 24 hours my dad had won me some banded steels on ebay for £150 with 2 tyres it wasnt a bad buy, they were advertised as 8j all round and when we got them home we soon noticed they were staggered 7j fronts 8j rears, which was exciting.

IMG_1763_zpsa6714758.jpg

Within days of that we discovered a blowing in the exhaust resualting in a whole new exhaust system...

Since then i built up the courage to lower the car so i bought some 'AK FK Street Coilovers' after a couple of days of them sitting in the box it was time for fitting

IMG_1761_zps339dc35f.jpg

During fitting we experienced huge problems with the front camber and had a huge pull to the right when letting go of the steering wheel but after all that we sorted the problem and it sat like this

IMG_1764_zps74e6731f.jpg

Since then we have noticed even when springs were at the same height on adjustment the car would sit at different heights we don't know why so if someone could clear this up it would be helpful.

I plan to lower it more but i am still getting used to the huge change in ride after lowering, other then that thats it for now

Plans for the future are.

Swap rear lights for lupo rears

Get LED Reg lights

White headlight bulbs

More lows

Wheel refurbishment

Hope you enjoyed reading the start of my build thread and any comments/advice would be greatly appreciated

Edited by ArosaEdd

Don't worry about the coilover threads being equal, just adjust them so that it's even side to side. Measure the floor to arch height. Will have to let it settle between adjustments though.

The car has different weights on different corners, gearbox, etc, so that's why it won't be even.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...