Lenny the Lupo

amykaye92

lovely colour i was think this for mine a few months back instead i just put my wheels this colour :P

what size wheels you going for

just spray you drum breaks with some hammerite or somthing

you should get the yellow inside your car wrapped now

and get that puppy dropped low

• 4 weeks later...

Long time, no update. So! After a bit of hassle trying to find the perfect ones, my wheels got delivered:

20140328_170040.jpg

I know, I know - I'm a tease ;) They're just 15inch steelies, nothing exciting. Yet. :)

The next day I got this in the post:

20140318_174654.jpg

Anyone work out what's in there? :)

If it helps I also have some special hubcaps being delivered from the US tomorrow - any ideas now?? :)

No more updates until they're all on the car in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned!

• 1 month later...

I've been so rubbish at updating this recently - I'm sorry!

So, it was time for some DIY. I bought some new steelies and primed them:

Lenny9-1.jpg

Lenny8-1.jpg

Then I sprayed them blue:

Lenny10-1.jpg

I've never done anything like this before so they weren't perfect, but I'm really proud of them.

Also I'm putting hubcaps on them so most imperfections will be covered anyway :)

So the next stage was to visit my local, friendly tyre place to have everything fitted together:

Lenny11.jpg

Et voila:

Lenny7-1.jpg

Now, I did buy some full moon chrome hubcaps...BUT THEY DON'T FIT :(

So I've had to go for my back-up option, which I actually prefer now.

They're being delivered in a couple of weeks so you'll just have to wait :)

The next step is to lower him. I know he looks a bit silly at the moment, like a little Lupo 4x4, but one step at a time.

All comments welcome :)

Thanks Matt :)

I agree, I don't like them at the moment because there's far too much blue. When the hubs are on there should only be about 1/4 inch showing around the edge.

Hopefully they'll look a bit more subtle then :)

Where did you get white walls from? I couldn't find them anywhere!

Hi :)

I bought standard tyres and then fitted white wall inserts between the tyre and the edge of the wheel.

I got mine from here: http://www.vintagetyres.com/item/465/15-inch-vts-whitewall-trim--15-

They're really good, you just need to clean them regularly with a bit of white spirit on a cloth to keep them bright white.

They'll never sit 100% flush against the tyre as they're really meant for hot rods, but they still look great (I think!)

Can't wait to see the hub caps fitted. I want to do red steels with chrome caps and white walls.

I'm reallyyy sorry if I'm telling you something you already know, but I had planned to do the same thing (but with blue instead of red) and I messed up.

I bought the popular chrome full moons that have a lip around the edge.

And when I went to fit them where they dip down about an inch inside the edge it hit the steelie and I couldn't push them on any further (as hard as I tried!!).

So unfortunately I'll have to try to flog them.

So anyway, as they're designed for hot rods those kinds don't fit standard steel wheels, BUT baby moons will fit, or smooth full moons like this:

I was gutted mine didn't fit :( Just don't want anyone else to waste money like I did!

Edited by amykaye92

• 4 weeks later...