Airbag light

Jimmie77

Hi

I just got myself a Lupo 01 1.4 (but with a 1.6 16v inside)

Problem i have with it is that the airbag lights up on the console. And further more it shows no error code on that?!

I have no idea whats been done on the car prior to my ownage. What is wrong with it?

The codes i get is P0106 and P013A.

yes i know its Engine codes, but those are the only codes that show up.

where is the ciruit i should check? how do i go about this?

About the Engine codes it was suggested that the Throttle housing (if thats the correct name) is dirty.

Im not sure i understand.

The codes came from a reader with Bluetooth and cellphone. Since then i purchased a reader on my own with USB. And i was going to do Readings for my own in the future vith Vag-Com. Unfortunatly my Laptop runs a x64 Win7 and it doesnt seem to work on that. Anyways are you saying that it will not do with that kind of Equipment?

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like they've been taken out, but someone didn't disconnect the battery, or didn't use the correct air bag adapter.

You could try disconecting the battery on the car for an hour, but I think it won't clear it, will need a scanner u281 will do, only a tenner

Hmm, I have this sometimes and is very stressful.

Guessing your using VCDS-Lite? and a ebay lead?

If so, try plugging it in, then switch on ignition, then scan, if it doesn't work, scan it then remove key.

If not, it could be problems with baud rates etc but google your problem and it should give you some help.