Fan / blower problem

Davedex

Can anyone help me, my fan on my 2000 lupo 1.0e only works on speed number 4 how do I get it working properly? Is it an obvious problem that you kind guys have come across before?

Thanks in advance

Sound like your heater resistors have gone, look under the passenger footwell, take of cover and you will see a black rectangular shape held by a screw at each end, remove and see if the resistor is rusted, damaged etc.

New part is a heater resistor

Edited by Billster

Yeah that's right it's the Heater Resister as mentioned above! Mine went last year, very easy & simple fix! You can get the new part off eBay, comes complete with the plastic casing then just swap it over & then your heater should work on all the settings!

Thanks for that, only just bought the wagon yesterday and have a couple of teething problems with the new purchase so will no doubt be asking for help on a few other issues as & when I find them!

I managed to get the old unit out easily by disconnecting the electrical connector and undoing the 2 screws, when I turned the fan on it still works on setting 4 which surprised me as I did not expect it to work at all with the resistor removed. Is this right?

Have ordered one off eBay which should be here by Wednesday next week and will hopefully solve the problems

Yup that's correct, when it fails it only works on 1 speed, removing it wouldn't make it work or not, as the resistor is for individual speeds only.

Think it's like resistor is being used on speed 1,2,3 then off for max

Edited by danoid