Ashley Manifold Fitting

Lyndon901

I did it.

It was a long time ago so I can't offer much help, other than say keep trying. I remember it bing very awkward.

You'll also need to bend the hanger brackets and unwrap some of the tape around the lambda sensor so it gives it a bit more length to reach the hole.

Thanks for reply...

I have plenty of space for the sensor but I just cannot get the manifold up through the front? My radiator is not straight but its tight in place, is it right that's it's slighting facing in on passenger side? Took my oil filter off but still the starter motor is in the way then? Lol would it be easyer to just unbolt bumper etc and do it head on?

Thanks

have you tried from the bottom up? cant remember how i did mine although it was tricky think i had to force it past the alternator a little might be easier to loosen the engine mounts and that should free the engine up a bit. good luck

have you tried from the bottom up? cant remember how i did mine although it was tricky think i had to force it past the alternator a little might be easier to loosen the engine mounts and that should free the engine up a bit. good luck

I managed to move the fan and unplug and it slotted in nicely :) only problem now is when I do the nuts up the are tight befor reaching the head? Think the bolt is to far out ? How do I get the stud out the head and thread it all the way in??

Thanks

Some times when you undo the nuts they pull the studs out a little check that there is thread on the head side the should go all the way in up to the shoulder. Or you could get a stud extractor set from halfords the are very good. pull them out and put shorter one's in failling that they only other option is washers then the nut's.

ONS Performance