Got myself some AP springs and shocks. Help. Please!

tim_evans1

Hey everyone. Today my suspension kit from ap arrived.

Full shocks and springs kit. I was wandering if anyone had a figment guide, ie searched everywhere and can't find anything.

Also as I'm lacking in tools and anywhere flat I was thinking of maybe asking a garage to fit them for me, any idea how much they might charge for that? Surely wouldn't take them very long atall.

Or if I was lucky anyone in the sheffield area that could help me I could pay them instead!

Cheers

I'm in Sheffield and used AC Cartech for mine, not only because i know them (good set of lads), but also because they showed me how to do it for my future cars! :) The fronts are a relitively straight forward swap and a case of taking the wheels off, opening the bonnet to undo the top mount and basically taking yhe old set off and putting the new set on in the same order. The backs however are a little harder. I can't remember exactly from memory but the top mount screw for the back is a little hard to access as you have to open the boot, peel back some of the boot lining and remove some screws before slightly bending back the plastic bit (without making a crease/breaking it) under the rear seatbelt. This means that the suspension will become loose and then it's another case of swapping old for new! This may sound badly explained (probably cause it is) but will hopefully make sense when you open the boot. I'm no expert but i hope this helps! :)

Cheers for the replies people. I had a look at the fitting guide for coilies. Think I'd feel more secure letting a garage do it

T3lliot, how much did they charge you for that do you mind me asking?

I might give them a ring see if they can sort it at a decent price.