Remapping

wheel whore

I wanna remap my vw lupo 1.4 , ive been looking around and some people have surgested chip tuning but ive seen things that say add 35 bhp with this product and its like 15 pounds to buy, what should I do? also have anyone remapped a 1.4 lupo? mine puts out about 115 at the minute was wondering what im gunna get from it, thanks

I wanna remap my vw lupo 1.4 , ive been looking around and some people have surgested chip tuning but ive seen things that say add 35 bhp with this product and its like 15 pounds to buy, what should I do? also have anyone remapped a 1.4 lupo? mine puts out about 115 at the minute was wondering what im gunna get from it, thanks

You're talking about an ebay resistor.

Don't.

Oh dear

The guy in the shop is telling you the power output of your car? The same guy you are buying these things from?

I cannot imagine how awful a straight through exhaust sounds but it is probably losing you power in the mid range. If those mods were decent ones specifically designed for the car you would be looking at less than 10 bhp increase.

You are are better off burning £10 notes than tuning little petrol engines

Ive got decat manifold to a straight decat rain catcher exhaust and an induction kit, guy at my local performance shop said im putting out about 118 ish give or take a few :) and its a petrol

Your not even hitting 85bhp. Go on a rolling road.

No way in hell you are running that a sport with cams is about 120bhpish usually. If that.

Nah the car sounds quite deep but then when get up to about 3 thousand revs gets really raspy...sounds quite nice :) and I haven't bought the parts from the random guy who was telling me all the bullshit about my car I went to a local performance shop and got it done all custom.. what do you think about the remap then would it be worth it or not? if so how much bhp would I get of in increase just an estimate or something?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I want the brakes off it ,my g60 upgrade is good but need more,doesn't really inspire confidence on back roads :( I've asked you before but can't find the post,what pad and disc combo are you running?

I run R114-4 Calipers from HiSpec and Ferrodo DS2500. The calipers are for racing only really however they do an equivalent road setup. Best price I could find was from: http://bigbrakes4u.co.uk/

• 4 weeks later...

So basically from the last time I posted had some serious trouble -.- went to get booked in on a dyno and just before the gear box went after this had to get it replaced 5 times!!!!! piss take! after this ended up blowing ignition leads, coil pack and gaskets so the lupo is under going some stuff at the minute still runs fine as all serious stuff has been taken care off, will let you know what happens next! aha

• 2 weeks later...