My Lupo GTi

T5OPY

Hey guys, i joined this site about a month ago. currently in Australia but bought a Lupo GTi ready for when i get home on the 26th september. heres a few photos of how it looks, already have a few parts waiting that i will be fitting as soon as i get home. Even have a RR from a few years back, wouldn't mind seeing how far off that would be now.

newbie145_zpscc81edd1.jpgnewbie141_zpse50c94ac.jpgnewbie140_zps1577e2df.jpgnewbie143_zps650de9b6.jpg

cheers mate. yeah ive already spotted yours, looks really clean. yours had made me think about keeping the standard wheels now. but with your spacers on the rear wheels, now that you took the rear adjusters out do the wheels rub at all?

im not sure what tyres your looking at but i would reconmend toyo's, had them on my polo gti and made such a difference without the price of conti's.

pretty much the same, been looking at 4 branch manifolds and decat, keep the standard back box as im not after a loud system. what exhaust you looking at?

also just get a bmc air filter and a whiteline rear arb, ive got coilovers waiting but reluctant to spend the money for the rest as i still haven't driven the car.

I was looking at Toyo's or Uniroyals, used both tires before and there both awesome.

I still haven't made my mind up on exhaust yet, maybe go to Longlife and get a custom one. But like yourself i'm not after nothing too loud.

I will be getting the whiteline ARB at some point too. What coilovers did you go for?

I run 20mm on the rear with my Bathursts and 195\45 tyres. I find the tyres catch the arches when laden or on horrid fast bumps that throw the rear beam up.

Nice example you have there.

I have Avon ZV3s on one set of Bathursts and find them really good too.

I like my Yokohama A539s, but you can't get them anymore.

oh custom sounds pricey, im looking at the ashley of a 1.4 sport. read up and apparantley it fits.

i went for the wrong coilovers fk, just wanted a set ready. kw are far to expensive and i should of bought ap but i will do once im home and back in work.

cheers silver

well looks like 17mm is the best option, it doesn't say online but do they come as a pair or a set of 4? i only want to space out the rear.

avons are nice tyres, made by cooper i think.

vredestien are what i would like but i find toyo are just as good

Yes, I have had Toyo on my anthracite Bathurst for a while and they do perform well. I was a bit concerned as I had heard they weren't too clever in the rain, but I have had no problems.

That said first set of 195s I put on were Dunlop 2040s which were good too.

Vredesteins are good, but like Pirellis I found they gave great grip, but didn't last too long.

Yes I reckon 17mm will be about right without arch rolling and they generally sell in pairs.

this link is a clip with a clio sport on 3 set's of tyres, give's people the results of why to pay for the better tyre

ok great, the last thing i want to do is roll the arches so perfect.. dont suppose when they sent you the spacers did they contain the actual dimenstions?

We should start an "OEM + a little bit" group.

Yeah we should, could also be called "OEM + the right way" :yes:

nice car

rear ARB is a must makes it a different car

thanks mate, yeah ive read so much about these it seem's to be a must have

• 3 months later...

i've been home 3 months now but i haven't really had chance to do much.

i have fitted coilover, my plate and some rain difflectors. gave it a good polish ready for this brutal weather..

looking forward to spring so i can get some paint work done and possibly wheels ?!?!

Looks lovely mate! Is it me or do you have have loads of camber on the fronts?

cheers mate, yeah it has on those photos. i just fitted the coilovers the day before and when i dropped it i didnt pull the hubs out enough but its all good now

Newport South wales?

Hello :wave:

what area?

Hi James,

yes welsh and proud. i'm from rogerstone up by the 14 locks. where you from?

Which Coilovers do you drive? F...ing Low Looks good

i did have it lower but theres a tarmac speedbump at the top of my lane and i couldnt get over it... well i went with fk and i thought i was going to regret it but there surprisingly good, i may change them to avo's one day but im happy for now. just waiting for my new shoes for the front to arrive :yes:

im all over the place. mostly Caerleon, Alt yr yn and town center. i often find myself out in the sticks in usk.

i don't drive a Lupo any more, just a dirty Black MK2 golf.

il give you wave or something if i see you