VW Lupo 1.7 problems

Jlshepherd

In another thread, I took a picture of a bleed valve I used to help clear air when I sucked it in doing a diesel purge.

skezza, the bleed valve is a bung for the pipe cos you ran out of injectors! does the job though. geoff

skezza, the bleed valve is a bung for the pipe cos you ran out of injectors! does the job though. geoff

that's the kid. Worked perfectly for me :)

• 1 year later...

Hey, Skezza and Geoff. I also have this problem. At high speeds my car wont accelerate beyond a specific point and this is very noticeable going uphill as I can't even pass the slow going trucks and buses.

I didn't understand the last two parts that you guys wrote. It might be due to slang. Did everything work out in the end. Switching engines sounds like an expensive experience?

Anyway, I drive the 1.3 TDI Lupo and I also thought about the fuel filter until reading this post.

Dennis your issue sounds like cast iron fuel filter.

I would also do a diesel purge just before you change your fuel filter. It'll restore the spray pattern and improve performance.

EGR causing air passage blockage, but computer still supplying same amount of fuel (so running really rich)??? see my inlet plenum thread with pics of the problem... Now totally cured and awesome!