My Volkswagen Fox R! ;)

HarrisonsFoxR

Hello, thank you for viewing my thread. This is my first one and im just going to be showing everyone what I have done to my VW Fox :)

I bought it from a salvage yard with 12k miles on the clock, when we got it home it had damage to the front right wheel and door. We put a new door on it and fixed the wheel problem.

First time using this forum so bare with me but ill be uploading pictures soon

Then I bought a set of Volkswagen Golf GTI Montreal 16" alloys with 205 60 16 tyres!

The car looked like a monster.. The wheels were WAY too big and rubbed against the car.

IMG_20130504_133212_zpsa445f5ef.jpg

So I took the tyres off the rim sanded them up and painted them 2 pack black? I then bought a set of 205 40 16 tyres to sort out the rubbing problem

IMAG0470_zps223fe574.jpg

After putting the wheels back on the car it looked like this:

IMAG0601_zps52bfb75e.jpg

I then put a twin 3" exhaust on the back.
- Just a side note, anyone who is thinking of doing this consider buying just the tip, even though mine sounds decent the old "fart can" noise does get on your nerves after a while.

I also added a Red Volkswagen racing badge to make it my very own "Fox R" lol. This is what it looked like from behind at this stage (edited a number plate on with paint)

MYFOXYBITCH_zps95ae1257.png

After a while of riding around on my stilt like Volkswagen Fox suspension I decided that It either needed to be lowered or to put this Volkswagen fox RDX front bumper on it. I opted with the springs but heres what the bumper looks like:

33858720011_large_zpsbd90a8b2.jpg

(I borrowed this picture from someone else this is not mine)

Anyway, I decided to get it lowered instead of the bumper so I purchased a ProSport Volkswagen fox lowering kit and my neighbour put it on for me! :D

(He is one of the best mechanics I know)

IMAG0754_zps9e935217.jpg

Well rescued! Good work. Needs to be closer to the floor though.

R

What Ray said :yes:

Looks good on the Montreal 2s.

Fitted some Audi A6 style day time running lights, tinted the windows & Half painted the calipers in red (I still need to do it properly)

Heres what it looked like, the lowering springs are on in the pictures of the wheels but not the shot with the DRLS

IMAG0755_zps9bb18767.jpg

IMAG0756_zps9dbfac19.jpg

Follow me on instagram: xharrison_m

IMG_20130831_221246_zpsb31b9729.jpg

My next purchases will be these, I plan to have these all on the car before christmas:

$(KGrHqRHJE8FHi,EUrDrBR+mfFp70w~~60_12.JTinted rear taillights - £85

Anddddd

221161810814_1.jpg A slightly lipped edge spoiler - £87

360708371360_1.jpg Wind deflectors - £35

$(KGrHqV,!i8E7DZvCDDrBP,QTeW8EQ~~60_12.J And a bung to dewiper the rear - £12

What are your opinions? what should I get first? What shouldn't I get?

SIDENOTE: Hopefully i'll be going graphitti tunnel on Wednesday evening with one of my friends who does photography and Ill try and get some decent shots of the silver fox.

• 4 weeks later...

Let's make this clear...I'm not going to follow you on Instagram! Haha.

Car suits the montreals well, but two things....get rid of the DRLs, they look horrid and second spray the rear drums black, the red looks tacky.

Apart from that the cars looking brill, well done on fixing it up aswell!

It was written off with such light panel damage?

That's modern insurance for you. They'll write off a car with literally no damage nowadays. It's absolutely barmy. My friends just had a Polo 51 reg with only 65k miles 'written off' due to a rear end shunt. It needed new bumper and had done some light creasing to the boot. He's bought the salvage lot for £50, bought a second hand bumper off eBay and had the boot uncreased by his local garage... you wouldn't even know it was in a crash now. All in all, cost of the repair was about £100-£150.

Absolutely mental to be honest.

Edited by Skezza

• 5 weeks later...

Let's make this clear...I'm not going to follow you on Instagram! Haha.

Car suits the montreals well, but two things....get rid of the DRLs, they look horrid and second spray the rear drums black, the red looks tacky.

Apart from that the cars looking brill, well done on fixing it up aswell!

Its okay lol you don't have to follow me I just like following other people with foxes so I can see what they've done on theirs :)

Cheers for the positive feedback, although I am going to have to disagree with you on the red callipers, I redone two of them last week and I think it really suits it these pictures do not do them justice :)

Not usually a fan of fox's but this looks sweet!

Thank you very much :D

the garage has proabbly quoted the insurance company for new wing new door rear quarter repair and full respray of the whole side, so probably quoted high 3 figures maybe even 4, , so u can see where theyre coming from,

but to do yourself all that damaged could prbably be prepared without replacing panels, and a side respray could be repaired for around 500 quid, depending where you go,

Edited by jamiea7x