Tyre size??

Cheekymonkey

The best you can afford, they're the one thing that is in contact with the road.

I can recommned Falken ZSE912 tyres for a good all round tyre. I have 195/45s on 15x7 wheels and they're great, good grip in all weathers and they seem to wear well.

They're supposed to stretch well too.

• Like 1

I currently have on my wheels;

YOKOHAMA A539

TOYO T1R

Avon ZV3

Michelin Pilot Sport

I am happy with all of them, but value for money, the Avons perform for me. Love the A539s too, but their not made anymore.

Your probably going to need arch work and decent stretch to get the low offset banded wheels under the arches and legal, that in itself does not make for good handling

What offset are the wheels? If you're gonna band VW 15" 4x100 steels to 8" then chances are they're going to be far too pokey to fit 195/45's on. G60 Steels end up at et10 once they're banded to 8".

There's no such tyre as a 195/40/15.

195/45's look nice on an 8. 185/45's are only available in Nankangs. 175/50's are only in one brand I think, and look really big for the quoted size to me, 165/50's are available in decent Bridgestones, but are a big stretch on an 8.

Edited by Philplop