Buying tips?

Stboy

Going to be looking at buying a Lupo in the next few weeks so I'm after some advice please.

I'll only be looking at 1.0 models due to insurance, so what sort of mileage are these good for? I've seen quite a few with 120k or more on the clock.

Also, anything expensive or fault-ridden I should be looking at?

Any info/help much appreciated.

Thanks

Would avoid buying one with really high milage unless it has been well looked after and services ever 6 months i got mine with 156'000 miles and from first week having it was in garage with engine problems as the owners before hadn't looked after it. So make sure it had been well looked after if has high milage. I heard most lupo have problems of them randomly cutting out and the steering because heavy but apart from that there good cars

Check the roof guttering, the paint around it can rust.

Listen for the tappets, if they're noisy after the car has reached 90 degrees.

As Sophie said, service history is rather helpful.

Ask to see all receipts for eg: gearbox, cam belt ect...

Plus 120k isn't too bad to be fair, just make sure you check the car inside and out!

Good luck

Thanks guys.

Scotty: would a ski mask and airsoft gun do as well?

Potentially yeah, but if the **** hits the fan and you have to start merking gangsta's then your going to get propa ****ed up off anyone with clothes on thicker than a decent cotton t shirt

Going to be looking at buying a Lupo in the next few weeks so I'm after some advice please.

I'll only be looking at 1.0 models due to insurance, so what sort of mileage are these good for? I've seen quite a few with 120k or more on the clock.

Also, anything expensive or fault-ridden I should be looking at?

Any info/help much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

If you need any help with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

And check the door check strap on the drivers side. Mine is knackered and makes a helluva noise. Not easily repairable because it's the mount on the car frame that is gone.

Always ask how many keys they have. If they have just one you will have to get a spare cut and programmed.

Check if the spare tyre has ever been changed. You don't want to ever have to rely on a 15 year old tyre. Although not too expensive to replace you should factor it into the price.

• 2 weeks later...