T3LLIOTT's Evo & MX5. Lupo, Green MX5 & DC5 Content Included, But Now Sold On.

T3LLIOTT

Took the blue Mazda on it's first trackday at Blyton last week. Performed well, but needs the handling tweaking, as it was very tail happy and lacked overall grip front and rear. Really needs the alignment sorting with it being a lot lower than standard/since I bought it.

IMG_0072_zpstfltobe8.jpg

bly%20277_zpsugyeq4ly.jpg

bly%20164_zpsm7e8gq9y.jpg

bly%2088_zpso7ifezgm.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Whilst on a trackday at Oulton Park last weekend (Friday the 13th... :evil: ), I unfortunately got in a 'little' fight with one of the circuits tyre walls, snapping my tie rod, track rod end and leaving me with really bad cosmetic damage (front bumper, front wing, door, rear quarter, front and rear lights). Here's the result...

Crash_zps3wimhha1.jpg

Luckily for me, I've got to know some great people over the last few years of driving/modifying so it's all going to be repaired back to how it was before. I've already bought all the replacement parts from my local MX5 parts dealer (apart from the rear quarter) which are going to be primed and painted by Dave at Deepcar Autobodies. Luckily the rear quarter wasn't damaged as bad as originally thought, meaning the dents can be pulled out, smoothed with filler, primed and painted.

Quite a costly track day all in all! :paperbag:

• 7 months later...

Back to looking it's best now after a new front bumper, front wing, passenger door, new lights, removing the rear quarter dents and a half respray. 

IMG_50121_zps44a3qgte.jpg

I also treated it to a little something... :twisted:

IMG_4712_zpssbqgunpj.jpg

The eagle eyed among you will also notice I've added a front splitter (which I think really sets the car off) and also changed the wheels back to the ROTA's. I still have the bronze Stuttgarts, but they'll be used mainly for track days as I think the ROTA's suit this car much better.

• 8 months later...

The Lupo is really feeling sorry for itself at the moment and will be up for sale in May. Had a great (mostly) trouble free 4 years, but it's time to move on to something new.

The new car in question is an imported Honda Integra DC5. Torque GT sourced me this fresh import with a couple of mods already on the car including a set of Advan wheels. I'll let the pictures do the talking!

IMG_7951.JPG

IMG_7952.JPG

IMG_7953.JPG

IMG_7954.JPG

IMG_7956.JPG

IMG_75051.jpg

• 1 year later...

I still drop into the forum from time to time, so thought I'd give my thread a little update. Sold the DC5 earlier in the year to a guy fairly local (so should still see that) and bought myself a freshly imported Evo 6. The car already came with Tein suspension (including EDFC), a Kakimoto exhaust and an induction kit, but I added a decat, fuel pump and a remap taking it to stage one. Would estimate with those mods, it's running around 350bhp. Currently it pops/bangs/flames like you can't believe, so I'm going to get a secondary map to quieten it down and install a switch so I can flip between the two settings as and when I wish.

IMG_0911.JPG

IMG_0896.JPG

IMG_0910.JPG

54 minutes ago, Sausage said:

unless you have a Lupo (or one of them arosa things) to show us we dont care. :P

I did, but now sold. :( Although to a friend who is local, so I still see it knocking around and get regular updates. :thumbsup:

Might consider replacing the MX5 with a Lupo GTI for daily/track duties if a good one comes up.