AFK engine HELP

Really need help / advice

I have a lupo sport with the 1.4 16v AFK engine

While on way to the vw event in Southsea traveling at 60mph the upper cam belt failed losing half of the teeth.

I had the car recovered back home but now not 100% what's best to do.

I have fitted a new upper cam belt to test if any damage and there's no compression to fire.

I will test it with my compression tool propley tonight.

If theres damage I'm guessing it's most likely to be the values and maybe piston.

What I want to know is what's my best plan?

Rip old engine out and put in a newer lupo sport engine AUB ?

Try rebuilding my current engine

Find a AFK engine and risk it's ok?

Or is there any simple ish alternatives ?

Some people say fitting a gti engine out of a lupo maybe easier then a AUB ?

I am not up to speed with the differences between to 2 lupo sports engines AFK / AUB.

Any advice ?

Lupo GTI engine is actually quite a difficult conversion. I'd go AUB, you can get them out of skodas for under 300 quid on the bay.

If you've got an AHW you haven't got a sport I'm afraid. You've probably got an S, which doesn't stand for sport.

i think the main differences in AFK/AUB is AFK its cable throttle. AUB electronic (fly by wire i think its called). Firstly i'd find out why yours aint firing, see if its fixable. if it seems like too much hassle then try and find an AFK block as the AUB throttle repsonse is a little lacking i feel. if all else fails then go AUB, not sure you're ECU would like it though. dont get an AUB out of a skoda fabia though as they dont fit for some stupid reason. i believe someone was trying to flog an AFK on the fb group

Lupo GTI engine is actually quite a difficult conversion. I'd go AUB, you can get them out of skodas for under 300 quid on the bay.

If you've got an AHW you haven't got a sport I'm afraid. You've probably got an S, which doesn't stand for s

AHW not a sport engine ? i thought there was something dodge about the bloke that sold it to me not wander so many problems :(

Yeah, totally not. You also have no front fogs or centre exit exhaust. It's definitely not a sport. People do sell S's as sports, probably through ignorance on the whole, sometimes because they have a halfrauds special renault stylee 'sport' badge on the boot :lol:

dont get an AUB out of a skoda fabia though as they dont fit for some stupid reason

Bugger, I did not know that. Good job I got rid of the sport cos I was going to buy one if I kept it haha

i wandered why some cars had fogs on them and it didnt have badge on the back accept the lupo one ' the guy sold it to me as a sports one so i insured it as a sports one so am proberly paying more on it then i should be that sucks :(. oh wel only got it till get my gti in december

I'd check that with your insurance, if you've given them the reg that should have told them what it is though. Look out for bigger arches & a twin centre exhaust when buying a GTI ;)