Second hand wheels for 2000 1.0 arosa

Jcbatson

I have been trying to get a hold of some alloys for my 1.0 2000 arosa but i dont know what im looking at ! All theese random numbers ! Just want some second hand alloys worth under £100 that will definatly fit !

What size wheels/tyres are you running now, is it lowered and/or are you going to lower it.

Arosas come with 13 and 14 inch wheels and you can fit up to 16 inch.

The stud pattern is as above - 4x100 - 4 studs and a PCD (pitch circle diameter) of 100mm. You can also use 4 x 98 wheels (Fiat/Alfa) if you use wobble bolts. If you use wheel adaptors you can a exciting variety of other wheels as long as they have high offsets!

You need to have wheels with a centre bore (the hole in the middle of the wheel) of 57.1. If bigger you will need to fit wheel spiggots - plastic or steel rings to reduce the centre to 57.1 to stop wheel vibration. If smaller than 57.1 you need to find a machine shop with a big drill or lathe - time consuming, messy and EXPENSIVE (many MX5 wheels have 54mm centre bores so just don't fit).

Without the need for wheel arch mods you ideally need wheels with an ET(offset) of between 30 and 40 - but this depends how far it is lowered and if yu want to roll the wheel arches.

If you buy wheels without tyres, you will need tyres. Again, this depends on the wheel size, offset (ET) and if the vehicle is lowered. 6x14 ET 35-38 CB 57.1 with 185/55 x 14 tyres would be a safe (but perhaps unexciting) starter choice - lots of older VW wheels in this size.