Show cages

Jason_lupo22

If you are going to put a cage in, put a real one in. Show cages are pointless. At least if you roll your car with a real cage you will be protected, whereas with a show cage it's just something else to try and kill you.

Alternatively, if you design your boot build intuitively... you could still use it as a boot :surprised: now there's an interesting concept.

when you say boot build... please go a bit further... are you doing an audio install or air install?

Lots of good ways to occupy the space but in my honest opinion, less is more. if you're not careful you could end up with loads going on and overkill it.

Personally, dont bother with the cage... Lupo's are stylish and funky... not fast and aggressive.

Edited by Piers

What they all said. Show cage = fake safety feature that actually makes your car less safe = fail. I like Ray's strut brace idea.

Personally not too keen on the idea of show cages. They are over used in vars the honestly dont need them. Why waste the space with something that has no actual effect other than "scene points" but hey, each to there own mate, if you want to do it, go for it. Its your car which means its your space to use how you wish.

I think they look cool, but the fact they make a relatively safe car (for its age and size) unsafe then it's a no brainer. Do it properly or not at all.

It's like wearing a crash helmet made from cheese.

• Like 2