Newbie, looking at Arosa/Lupo.

Noah.

Alright,

I'm Noah. Err, Odd one, I actually don't really do newer cars all that much but I need a cheap car whilst I finish building my Mini. (Proper one, none of this BMW crap).

Just trying to catch up on the common faults, what to look out for. I'm a trained mechanic, but as I said I only really do classic stuff. Cam Belts I presume are an issue with the 1.0l, so I'd be looking for a car with the history to prove the cambelt has been done.

Anything else that NEEDS to have been done? - I mean, if it's all copacetic with regards to running gear, history.

What's they like to run? Tax? I presume the 1.0l are deadly slow or have they got a little bit going for em' when they get on song?

What they like on fuel? How are they on the motorway? If I chuck it into the corner thinking I'm in the mini, am I gonna die? lol.

Basically, am I gonna want to scrape my eyes out every time I drive it. What they like in the snow...?

Noah.

16sec 0-60 wallowy in the corners but you'll live. Comfy as heck mine was great in ze snow. Tax is the same as the mini for me I think! !! They're quite poky about town but the cooper beats it obviously. Watch out for the pedal box cause that's a common one. Mine was 40mpg happily and because I did a few good long journeys I could squeeze closer to 50. They Rev nicely!

Other than that you're a nit so floppy haired pink beast loving prat.

Goodnight.

16sec 0-60 wallowy in the corners but you'll live. Comfy as heck mine was great in ze snow. Tax is the same as the mini for me I think! !! They're quite poky about town but the cooper beats it obviously. Watch out for the pedal box cause that's a common one. Mine was 40mpg happily and because I did a few good long journeys I could squeeze closer to 50. They Rev nicely!

Other than that you're a nit so floppy haired pink beast loving prat.

Goodnight.

Cheers Ian.

Okay, so whats up with these pedal boxes?

(Just for the rest of you, my car is known as the pink beast)

The 1ltr is ok. Although not as slow as the 1.7sdi!

Pedal boxes is a common fault on small vw groups cars (polo,ibiza etc) They are not the best design which is why they break.

Motorway. The 1ltr is surprising. I drove mine up to York about a month ago. Sure it was a little noisy but it handled it very well. One thing I would recommend it fitting sound deadening it does cost that much from a breaker.