My Black lupo gti

sj2112

Mini Update

So spent this morning putting on my new 'clean' plates. Never was a fan of the drilled holes and holders they were in.

001_zps72cd93c7.jpg

002_zpsa3eb20a1.jpg

003_zps9c3b590a.jpg

Think the back could come down abit, but have only just stuck them on :paperbag:

Car goes in tomorrow to Rentech portsmouth! :D

cheers stef

• Like 1

UPDATE

So in the week i was browsing ebay, and came across a mk6 golf gti gearknob and gaiter virtually brand new!! for a good price. So snapped it up and awaited for it to be delivered.

It arrived yesterday, so today cracked on with fitting it, had to swap the gaiters over for my lupo one, was abit tricky but got there in the end! :D

I have bought a new gaiter, which will arrive in the week, but for now i am happy with it and i now know i can swap it over quickly enough.

002_zps5de3808f.jpg

Since i cleaned my seats, i stupidly forgot about the steering wheel :blush: So got to work on cleaning that too.

001_zps87793299.jpg

And how it looks now.

003_zpsd8a8de03.jpg

I want to do the handbrake too so on the look out for that next.

cheers guys stef

Nice work stef, the seats look much better. The leather looks cleaner and less shiney. What products did you use?

Look around for a polo 9n3 gti handbrake. They are leather with red stitching on the part you hold. Same fitment as lupo you just need to swap the little button inthe end of the hand :) think dealers do them brand new for £47 when I went to order one. Occasionally find them on eBay too.

Nice work stef, the seats look much better. The leather looks cleaner and less shiney. What products did you use?

Look around for a polo 9n3 gti handbrake. They are leather with red stitching on the part you hold. Same fitment as lupo you just need to swap the little button inthe end of the hand :) think dealers do them brand new for £47 when I went to order one. Occasionally find them on eBay too.

Cheers alex! That is the handbrake i am gonna go for :thumbup:

I used 'Race Glaze' leather cleaner, awesome stuff. I used a damp cloth to go over the seats, used a brush for leather seats to work the product and then wiped away with a damp micro fibre cloth!

Unfortunately i don;t have a camera so my iphone doesn't do it much justice and they look alot better in the flesh!

Next big purchase will be KW coiles :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

Seeing as the sun was out today and the girlfriend went out with her mates shopping i thought what better than to clean the car. It was bad, and like always i forgot to take pictures of it before :blush:

A few afters anyway..

003_zps5f9d93d0.jpg

009_zps10117461.jpg

004_zpsf13d6c40.jpg

002_zps53c343b0.jpg

Took a quick break, as the ice cream van come along, ready to fit the check straps on both doors after.

001_zpsbb437472.jpg

With the ice cream devoured, i set to work on replacing the check straps, pretty straight forward. only took the one picture as i'm sure you get the idea smiley1.gif

010_zpsc8ba59e3.jpg

And quick picture of the new gear gaiter and chrome light switch

008_zps5bf8efc7.jpg

007_zps2f1b838e.jpg

And my girlfriend bought me a companion for the lupo :blush: (More to do with me liking turbo rather than the car not err having one haha)

005_zpsb881e006.jpg

Payday on monday so going to take a trip to VW and order few interior bits that are worn/aged.

Thats all for now

cheers stef ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LUPO NOW SOLD

Been a great little car, im sure the new owner will take good care of it!

Nice to meet you guys.

cheers stef

Was abit gutted to see it drive off though :thumbdown:

• Like 2