My Black lupo gti

sj2112

Hello guys and girls

I sold my BG 182 on the weekend, for no other reason than i wanted a change after having owned it for just over 3 years. i knew what i wanted and that was a lupo gti.

I have loved these little cars ever since they came out, the cheeky looks, the rarity and the nice touches like 6 gears and heated leather seats (in some) for a little car, they just appealed to me.

So fast forward to checking pistonheads, autotrader even ebay! i found this little lupo gti. It had just hit 70k had a huge folder of receipts, paperwork etc, and was in kent. So off i went to view it sunday afternoon, trying to keep my excitement in having not even sat in one or really had a chance to get close to one with how rare these are on the roads.

I get there and there it is parked on the guys driveway, i couldnt help but smile and chuckle and its looks and just how tiny these really are. The pictures really didnt do it any justice in the advert. Meet the owner who was a really nice guy and got chatting about it, Started go through all the paperwork (Alot!) and take it on a test drive, i knew this was a good one and i was going to put an offer in.

So offer accepted, and here it is now on my drive. Sorry for just the one crap picture :paperbag: i will update this from time to time.

It has the 6 speed box
Heated leather seats
Electric sunroof
And all standard (for now) Bar the red grill i put in

If you have read this far then thankyou.

I would also like to give a huge thankyou to alex (fatty) on here, for answering my pm's and helping me out :thumbsup:

cheers stef

001_zps8f8f193c.jpg

Edited by sj2112

Ahh finally you've got one :D . Sounds like a good one too. Does the drop in performance from the Clio not bother you?

The power doesn't really bother me to be honest, it was the seating position and how they are becoming the next choice for the chav society.

Thanks everyone, i look forward to lupo gti ownership :thumbsup:

Well i have been away for the weekend with the gf to Hereford to see her sister, neise and other half (who is currently away serving in afghan)

The 3 hour drive there and first time of really driving it far rather than to the shops, it never skipped a beat and is actually a nice little cabin to be in. seats are comfy and it is nice and quite.

Currently awaiting on my 'cambridge' rear lights that i ordered the start of last week :thumbdown:

Loving the lupo already!

Edited by sj2112

So mini update!

After waiting for about a week for these to arrive, i am happy with them :shades:

So quick comparison of standard and the cambridge rear lights i have opted for.

001_zps1ced311c.jpg

And how the back end looks now :D

002_zps34e5ea61.jpg

cheers stef

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So a mini update

First of all the cambelt was due a change, so i have had the cambelt, waterpump, fan belt and new anti freeze all done this week. Aswell as all drainage holes checked and cleared due to the winter months ahead for peace of mind.

Next up

The original car mats were getting past their best and seeing how originals are liking rocking horse s**t, i opted for some black ones from 'Awesome gti'

002_zpsa8352b59.jpg

001_zps21e4f33d.jpg

And i also bought an Audi r8 oil cap :D

004_zps736adf51.jpg

Still plenty i want to do, but with winter and xmas on the horizon and going on holiday for two weeks a week today, it will be the start of the new year

cheers stef

• 3 months later...

MINI UPDATE

Have done a few things since, but only really replacing rather than anything.

Had the following go on me at different times, mainly age related.

*Sidelight gone
*number plate bulb gone
*Heater control stopped lighting up

So i replaced both sidelights for normal oem ones.

Bought some brighter number plate bulbs and replaced both of those

And did some research on why my heater 'knobs' stopped lighting up....turned out to be a bulb, nice simple fix.

So got some tools for the job, pliers to get the knob off, long nose pliers to get the bulb out and some tissue to protect the bulb and knob when pulling them out.

001_zpsa391c58d.jpg

The offending bulb

003_zps3dd92d9e.jpg

That's better

002_zps5deca853.jpg

All back together smiley1.gif

004_zps62151b48.jpg

All better

006_zps593f9559.jpg

My girlfriend also bought me a different set of mats and are nicer than the ones i had just put in, so now have a spare set, never mind. I will get some pictures tomorrow as i have also bought some leather cleaner for the seats so will be tackling that tomorrow :thumbup:

I have also booked the car into mike at Rentech in portsmouth to have the following done

*Full service including gearbox oil change
*New discs and pads all round
*New starter motor fitted (mines being noisy)
*New thermostat (My temp is being temper mental)
*General check over

So all being good i will then look to purchase some KW coilovers :thumbsup:

I know abit of a boring update but hopefully some better ones to come.

You enjoying gti ownership? I miss mine! Think may save up get one for a daily :)

I am enjoying it, lots i want to do!

Just needs things like gear knob and grab handles replacing but i dont know where you guys buy oem stuff from? Simply walking into a vw dealer i guess?

Edited by sj2112

UPDATE

So today i decided to get up and give the lupo a thorough clean! And to clean the seats and engine bay.

Also replaced the rear wiper for a new one. :D

Here's some pictures, hope you like.

007_zps956243e2.jpg

006_zps7daea339.jpg

004_zps96e8fe4e.jpg

001_zpsd75ba892.jpg

And some of the inside, the seats look a million times better than before!

Here is a quick comparison (And with the old and new mats)

002_zpsa8352b59.jpg

001_zps21e4f33d.jpg

And new

002_zps76b9930f.jpg

003_zps6bf80519.jpg

005_zps0135bf1f.jpg

And a quick clean on the engine bay.

008_zps0107ec1e.jpg

Cheers stef

Yep dealers mainly. Occasionally I found brand new parts on eBay. Mainly the golf mk6 stuff I has like the gearknob and steering wheel.

Ah ok cheers alex. I'll look to order some stuff up. :thumbsup:

Looking good! I like that you opted to look for maintenance first and do the modding in between.

Thanks bud :)

Where are the new mats from mate? been meaning to get some for ages

Hello mate, my girlfriend got them, so i'm not sure. i'll try and find out

But they have GTI on them, My poor picture taking, means you can't see them :paperbag: