18 year old 1.4 car insurance

VW-LUPO-S

hey guys,

just got quoted £1500 on a little 1.4 lupo age 18 ncd

is there any way i can get it cheaper? like where i park it or what job i have?(within reason)

insurance_zps571fdc6b.png

• Like 2

hey guys,

just got quoted £1500 on a little 1.4 lupo age 18 ncd

is there any way i can get it cheaper? like where i park it or what job i have?(within reason)

insurance_zps571fdc6b.png

How long you been driving? When you 19?

I was able to insure a lupo sport for 800 with elephant at 18 driving 7 months...

Just remember to be honest. If you add someone to your insurance ask them to drive the car around the block at least once, that way it's all above board.

Have you tried one of those insurers that will fit a monitoring box to your car? For young people they can work out cheaper if you're willing to stick to their limits.

Black box can be cheap if you're up for it.

I had a 1.4 fiesta when I passed and was quoted £2150 as cheapest and i'm a female, so I think you've got a good deal there! I doubt you'll find muuuch cheaper unless you go for a black box. Insurance just varies from person to person, it's just best to be honest.

It's all well and good trying to use different occupations and where you park it.

But *if* you say you park it on your drive/in the garage, and one night it gets stolen, and an assesor comes out, how can you blag its kept in a garage if you don't have one??

No point in lying about it, your insurance is based on the risk you project to them, and is rated on that, people that lie and invalidate claims just make it more expensive for those who are telling the truth ;)

i've told the truth on all the questions, so it will be all good there, its only cheap because i park it on my granddads drive and he lives just round the corner in a £500,000-£1,000,000 houses estate, where as i live in the town and dont trust parking it on a car park

Also, don't be led to believe that all "posher" places are better for insurance either.

See it this way:

Posher area. More expensive cars. 1x expensive car gets stolen. £30k+ payout.

Less posh area. Less expensive cars. For this to be equal to the above, X amount of cars would need to be stolen to match the payout.

Sounds silly, but the insurers want to be paying out LESS as, at the end of the day, they are a business and making money is what they want to do.

Its a pain, I know, and I don't get it sometimes either?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Whole policy in my name, cars all in my name, no black box and paid off in one lump sum. Monthly made it 1590.

Not into breaking the law tbh! I've also got a thatcham alarm fitted with immobiliser and then a tracker too.

Yeah don't mind that, I got my girlfriend on as additional driver, she brings it down a pretty penny, it's just I have a few mates that put parents as main driver when they have never touch the inside of the car in there life, so wanted a quote to build my own ncb