Joe's Black 1L Lupo

JapGunn

Hi, I have been on here for almost a year,loved Lupos for quite a while and always been into Vw's since I was a child, so its about time I got one and its happened, picked myself up a Black Lupo 1.0, saw her on Autotrader and she was in Yorkshire and I couldn't turn it down, bit far but every time I would find a Lupo for sale near me (being down in Cornwall) they would always be sold or have someone waiting to buy it, so after finding this one, I could not turn it down, and the price was great, so I called the garage up and they still had her available so after some very short decisions we put a deposit down, we were planning to collect her, but the garage had a friend that had a Low Loader and was willing to bring her down to me, this took the trouble out of getting her, so we paid and on the 30th of June she arrived at 7 in the morning.

Later in the day I took to cleaning and got her shining and that was it for a couple of days.

EditedLupo_zpsa1db8974.jpg

Edited by JapGunn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next thing was to get the door strips off, the one on the passenger side had been partly taken off and then stuck back down with white and black sikaflex but was poorly done and it was time to get rid. This was the drivers door.

017_zpsa073633e.jpg

This took so long to do, but it paid off and looks great, was worried that the paint would be a different shade but it was all fine and this was the turn out.

023_zpsd9715588.jpg

Edited by JapGunn

So shes coming together quite quickly, already bought some wheels which will be here tomorrow, splitter and wind deflectors (thanks to Jamie7) but as of now its time for a clean so heres the result.

Clean_zps80333c50.jpg

Edited by JapGunn

Right so after looking for some rims, and looking to spend a bit on them, it wouldn't really work out as I would still need tyres on them, so after looking on gumtree I found some and look what has turned up. (I know there is only three in the picture)

0073_zps0f49ec6c.jpg

These are what I got, I got them for cheap as chips and they had just had two new Falken tyres put on, but needed two for the others, but the price was unbeatable and I needed some soon as possible.

0062_zpsdbd5ae4c.jpg

Edited by JapGunn

Right, got a bit bored and went over to a VW part "warehouse" if that's the right word, but I bought some side indicators and these are what I got, might not be your taste but I like them.

0012_zps1c62f834.jpg

Yay its my birthday, got a nice Black Aluminium tax disc holder and some Smoked front indicators :yes:, the indicators were a pain to fit as I didn't know how to get the indicator panel off but after breaking a clip on the grill and a day of being grumpy they finally got fitted so this is what she looks like as of the 17th august.17thEdited_zps05041a5a.jpg

Edited by JapGunn

Very nice!

Thank you. :thumbsup:

Black wheels with polished lips fit like a charm on black cars - can't go wrong!

They do look nice and wouldn't have any other apart from splits.

I concur. Needs lows though :yes:

Yep, after some small touches I have got planned, its time for lows.

Cars looking good :)

Thank you. :yes:

Edited by JapGunn

• 3 weeks later...

Not much has been done since my last post, I got round to de-badging her.

018_zps69aa6c36.jpg

Also I got a new gear knob badge from Ryan (12yan) which looks alot better than the previous one.

021_zpscf5249af.jpg

• 1 month later...

Not updated lately as I haven't done much, finally got around to ordering some pressed plates, unfortunately I had to order some plate holders later that day as I put them on with Velcro and carpet tape (double sided) and after going out for a drive the front one had popped off at the corner and middle and was hanging on :surprised: luckily it was still on and not halfway down the road as I would of never found it.

005_zps283767bf.jpg

Also got hold of some spare badges to respray and this happened which I quite like, going to run these for a while and see how I find them, there different so what you lot think? got another set of badges as well, I now have 3 sets of badges (chrome, my design and black).

0282_zps236ccb04.jpg

Edited by JapGunn

• 4 weeks later...

Decided to clean out my wheel well and the result apart from some surface rust is good.

009_zps320d9c98.jpg

Also cleaned behind the lights, looking to get some cambridge lights in the near future.

011_zps85980782.jpg

Edited by JapGunn

Just jealous fella don't won't worry about the losers! Much love for the black lupos :) look amazing with a bit of love!

Just jealous fella don't won't worry about the losers! Much love for the black lupos :) look amazing with a bit of love!

Yeah just hope they don't do anything worse, cheers loads more to do, getting bits of my interior sorted as we speak, keep an eye out should be done by the weekend. :)

Almost forgot about my full exterior clean and using my claybar, spent 3 and a half hours cleaning and this is the result.

InstagramEdit_zps55a70424.jpg

Edited by JapGunn