Recently lowered and chewing my tyres

BenStanden

Hey guys I recently lowered my cars on TA Technix coilovers and after having them for two days they have already started chewing through tyres.

IMG_1621_zpsd8f640ea.jpg

I think it might be because of the profile on my tyres which are 65, but not sure is the strut was put on properly.

IMG_1619_zpsbecd9dcc.jpg

IMG_1620_zpsb1e6a397.jpg

IMG_1622_zpsbf9390c7.jpg

So I may end up buying new wheels and lower profile tyres.

Thanks Ben

Yeah cool man will probably pop down to kwik fit tomorrow, thats a relief I thought I would have to spend loads on getting new wheels and tyre which I don't have the money for at the moment haha.

Yes you can adjust, but not with precision. The tyres need replacing mate, you need to get it all setup properly to save the new ones suffering the same fate!

Camber, new wheels and tyres wil not fix that. It's your "toe" which is doing it, which will be exaggerated by the camber.

Get a full geo done.

It will be eating away at your tyres just at a slower rate, you will have to get the geometry set up every time you raise or lower the car, how quickly depends how badly it's out, get it done by some one who knows what there doing as well, after my experiences Kwik fit couldn't find there own arse in the dark with both hands.