Door locks and handles ?

LynseyLou

Do not use nonstopauto on Ebay for these kits

Absolutely rubbish repro crap that isn't worth bothering with both locking rings snapped due to them being made of the cheapest thinnest metal known to man

steer clear

well they didn't seem too bothered that both snapped

and promised to refund straight away and didn't want the parts back ....

Had to do away with the spring as it gave too much tension preventing the locking tabs to hold the paddle stiff

done away with the broken locking ring too and used a circlip which seems to have done the job

Everything works :)

Edited by LynseyLou

i am just trying to do the same now got no lock for about six months justbought kit off eay from ideal car parts. but lets face it when its off ebay it is a gamble if it is of good quality. i have been fiddling and swearing for three days now trying to get the spring in properly and reassemble barrel i am on the verge of taking it to the garage this is something i try and avoid but i know even if i sort out the barrel fitting it back is a pain too cause of the ring that holds it tight in the door but may try your circlip idea. ho hum

lindylou

Edited by lindylou

• 5 months later...

people! all you need to do is get yourselves a copy of vw elsawin. discs from ebay from about £6. tells you the complete lock procedure and everything else you need to know about your car. really, it's not worth me trying to explain it for six quid as , apparently I am now the lock guru! if you still get properly stuck then pm me, I won't bite. geoff

It's a fiddle but do-able , but check your parts , the paddle lengths are different whilst some the kits do not take that into account.

There are some YouTube guides if you search vw locks ,

It really helps to have a vice as a fair bit of tension is needed to put it back together.

I used a spare old key in the vice to hold the barrel vertical , then you may need a third hand to help to slide the collar in

Edited by Bigplum