1.4 TDi starting problems

My 1.4 TDi was running and starting fine, then next minute wouldn't start. Luckily I was at a garage, they pulled up faulty cam position sensor so replaced it.. now it comes up with P0341-00-00 implausible signal.

They double checked it, checked the timing and the wiring, it does start now but not well and still comes up with the fault.

The only things out of the ordinary that day was I started it up when it had been left in reverse gear and rather than just lurching there was a hell of a bang! but it started and ran fine after. Then I jet washed the car and engine, with it running and it was fine till later on that day.

They suggest checking the ecu, any ideas?

Cheers

G

• Like 1

Unplug the sensor and see if it makes any difference. The car will always start, but it will take longer than normal as the ecu has to use the signal from the crankshaft sensor which spins at half the speed of the camshaft.

It sounds to me like the new sensor might be faulty.

Edited by jon_273

They tried 2 sensors and replaced the wiring, I've sent the ecu to atp electronics to be tested - i'll find the results today.

Anyone know to a tdi ecu if it needs one???

Thanks for the repies by the way.

G

ECU has come back with no faults, timing checked, cam sensor and wiring replaced.. still slow to start.

Any Ideas?

Yeah the fuel pump primes, so the lift pumps working.