Modding Advice

TommyDUB

Hi everyone, bought myself a black 1.4 Lupo S for my first car, I'm in to the stance and slammed cars but could do with some advice. what mods would you recommend to get it looking good and sitting pretty?

I know there are cheap sets of coilovers out there, for around £350 so i've been looking at those for a while, and BBS RS are my all time favorite alloys but theyre a bit out of my price range, so i've been looking at some replica's :)

I know there are cheap sets of coilovers out there, for around £350 so i've been looking at those for a while, and BBS RS are my all time favorite alloys but theyre a bit out of my price range, so i've been looking at some replica's :)

Cheapest coilover set are around £180 - £200.

And for the reps start about £350 - £400 with out tires. - Stanced UK :D

i've seen rw's on arosa'a and lupo's, they look pretty good, it's either those or rs splits :D thats not bad for a full set of coilies, i've heard that most people recommend AP coilovers for lupo's because theyre cheap but work well, anybody running AP's?

thanks for the thread Joe, and yeah i've heard some pretty rough stuff about JOM coilovers, been advised to stay well away from them haha

Hana yeah you might aswell weld a solid bar in place of your suspension with Joms! :P and you also loose massive amounts of handling capabilities :P

I liked my JOM's handled well and not too bumpy :)

i'll have to read more about JOM's, the roads where i live are a mess and theres a pothole around every corner so it could be a bumpy ride! does anyone know much about tyre stretching? *noob question* :tongueout: does the wheel have to be wider than the tyre to be able to stretch it?

Nah you're stretching it the wrong way mate, stretching a tyre is when you put a 16" tyre on a 15" rims :3

loljk

Yeah you put a tyre that's thinner than the wheel it was originally intended for i.e a tyre designed for a 6j wheel onto a 7j rim.