Porsche Boxster brake calibers in GTI

Jahre

Last weekend I drove around the Nordschleife for the first time with my Lupo :tongueout: The car drove very well with just a H&R Coilies. What was a really big dissapointment/problem, the brakes. Well this didn't came to me as a surprise but I was little surprised how quickly the brakes were gone :o After 4 km nothing happened anymore.

Well because the idea is to drive more often on the Nordschleife and also other track days, I have been looking for a possible brake upgrades for the Lupo. I know about the G60 upgrade but I'm not 100% sold for this solution. Then I stumbeled upon Porsche/S2 brakes. I know they have been used in mk4/5/6 Golf succesfully but has anyone fitted one to a Lupo? They would require a 305 disc but what I have understood Ibiza Cupra R discs would go. The calibers that would fit would be from the Boxster/986 rear axle.

This would be a perfect solution regarding track days, because the available amount of different brake pads would be wast. The price is also not a problem. Other option would be to take S2 brakes. Would these fit directly?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Audi-S2-Bremssattel-Doppelkolben-Bremsanlage-G60-Girling-60-komplett-/171068509495?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item27d47a4d37

If anyone has some dimensions from the front brake caliber, those would be very usefull.

I know that much that just changing the brake fluid will not cure my problem ;) Has anyone really tried the G60 conversion on a race track? How long do they last?

Of course balance has to be kept. It doesn't help if the front axle keeps locking every time you brake hard. That is why I'm asking if anyone has tried Porsche brakes on a Lupo. I don't know what would the piston area be in a Boxster rear axle caliper, so can be that there is a huge difference or that there isn't much of a difference.

Pads are important and that would also be a good reason to try to fit Porsche brakes, because the selection is so much better. So far I haven't been able to find a decent pads for the Lupo caliper. Green Stuff I don't want to buy. Friend had them and well there wasn't much of a difference to the originals.

Now I have bought semi-slicks so the need for good brakes becomes even more important.

Defcon5: Do you know from what model was the brakes from?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did found a set of brakes that would have been a bolt-on kit but the seller never answered to me. So I decided to just try out with EBC Yellowstuff, Ferodo FBZ100 Dot5.1 and some braided hoses. Since the change I haven't had a change to go to the ring again but I did went to Hockenheim. In Hockenheim I was able to drive about 10 min hard and then I started to get inconsistant braking. 1 lap cooling and then I was able to go flat-out 1 lap. So the change had brought some benefits but the brakes are still not getting enough cooling.

First test I will do is to install cooling ducts and see what that brings. After that new brake pads. The Yellowstuff is good for the street but not really for the track. Well maybe I should ad that if you have semi-slicks and plan to drive hard for a longer period, then you need to consider some better pads.

Thanks for the tip regarding the Cupra brakes :thumbsup: I will take a look if I can find some on Ebay.