1.0 won't start when hot weather/engine hot.

Sorry yeah, 100% not starter motor :) had it scanned again yesterday and came up as immobilised, won't mobilise. Had an auto electrician out who couldn't solve it(waiting to hear more from him) and an ecu company in Warrington want £120 just to look at the ecu..

The pump won't prime if there is enough pressure in the rail, does it come on when your cranking.

And remove the fuel pump relay ( I assume it's a 4 pin) if so bridge the big contacts out your fuel pump will now come on, see of it starts if it does the relays your problem.

Okay so it's been to the garadge pump and relay are good, just me being paranoid lol! Deffo impbiliser, yeah it is firing in for a second now, classic immobiler codes coming up banks, low key signal etc, auto electriacian confirmed immo but can't touch it, met a guy at dubfiction, gonna post my immobiliser to him tomorrow and he will post it back same do so will hopefully have it back and in the car on Monday... Fingers crossed! I'm in manchester btw :)

Oh,

Try this now. Disconnect both leads from your battery, short them together for 30 seconds, then plug back in and fire her up.

It's free to do, unless you don't have a 10mm spanner

Do you have a spare key? Have you tried that

Edited by danoid

Allegedly not, Uwe (ross-tech) suggested it somewhere else.

As long as it's away from the battery you'll be fine, and it's basically just clearing any residual charge in the system.

Can't think where I read it now, it was a immobilie code something like 11978 or so

Okay so the guy has done the ecu and should have it back tomorrow, basically the immobiliser had a code, the key had a code but the ecu didn't? If it's still not starting I'll try thatdanoid. Yeah tried with both the keys, sorry for the slow replies guys just been working none stop over the weekend! And you have no idea! I'm having to get the bus to and from work and today was sunny and I got a lift, now it's thunder and lightening and I'm in shorts!! Luckily nothing white but I'm still going to look like a drowned rat! :(

• Like 1