Gearbox , Clutch or Pedal Box Please Help.

Conchurmck

Hows it going guys , i am new to the forum here just joined today as i have been having a bit of car trouble the last month or so.

First things first , i bought a Seat arosa 1.0 2002 with 60k on the clock in january 2013 once i bought it i got the timing belt etc done for peace of mind. 2 months after a bought the car the clutch pedal snapped and went flat to the ground no movement and all and could not go into gear , got it wielded back together and all was good.

the last month or so i have been grinding going in and out of gears Especially reverse , sometimes it goes in when the cars first started then other times it just bad i have to conk the car out to put it into reverse,, Huge pain to say the least... but the clutch is very creaky when pushed up and down and if i remember right this is the creaky noise i heard the first time it snapped.

do you guys think this is a pedal box problem as i know lupos,arosa are common with this problem... if so is there an upgraded box i can buy or how much would it cost to have replaced rather than wielded... any information is highly appreciated ...

thanks in advance! :)

Hi. Ive had the same problem in my 1litre arosa! My pedal box broke, so i got it welded. Started to creak again, and 3 weeks later it broke again. No point welding - i had to buy a new one. Then 3 weeks after that, my clutch cable snapped

It was a nightmare!! At one point, I felt like smashing the car up - I had just passed my test!! I bought a brand new one from my local seat dealer for round about £43

did you fit it yourself? or did you pay for labor? ,, thanks for the feedback.... just waiting on it going.. gonna get it booked in this week hopefully not take any longer than a day or 2 i know its a difficult job.